“Nice apartments, annoying glitches”

Verandah Apartments Perth
Ranked #10 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Perth is very expensive at the moment, and these apartments were more reasonably priced for work trip (although still $255 a night). Most of the other comments on here are pretty similar to my experience -nice management who just need to be a bit more organised.

Good things
-Very comfortable bed and nice sheeting
-Apartment layout great with comfy furnishings and nice fittings
-Good iron and ironing board (a rarity in hotels and apartments)
-The guy who checked me into the hotel was friendly and helpful -nice when you have flown all the way from the east coast.
-Apartments are unmarked from the street -makes the place feel more like a home and less like apartments. The complex is' massive and is not intimidating.

Bad/annoying things
-Hot water tank very small -good for the environment, bad for anyone who likes showers that last more than 4 minutes.
-Balcony doors difficult to open
-No compendium in room to refer to (the wi-fi password remained a mystery, although I could have called the 24 hour contact number).

The location wasn't bad if you had a car, although watch out for traffic in peak hour. It also pays to check which apartments you ill be staying in as there are a number of Northbridge locations where the apartments are located.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed in a three bedroom apartment which, at first glance looked good but - the carpet was badly stained, the kitchen poorly equipped, the air con noise from outside the second bedroom intolerable, 'secure parking' was not and, to top it all, management (without our permission) decided to paint the apartment while we were staying there. Not on!! Then the management had the audacity to tell the painter to continue as well as hassling us as to when we would be leaving on the final day so the painter could get on with the job! Not good!

4  Thank memory255057
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Hmmm....I chose these apartments due to the Trip Advisor rave reviews - I was disappointed. I have realised since that the 2br and 3br properties are not in the same location and vary in quality. We stayed at 84 Fitzgerald St, Northbridge. We thought the location and layout of the apartment were great BUT there was a lot lacking otherwise.
Firstly, there were a few things that were a bit annoying but I could live with....the "secure-parking" was not secure as the gate to the carpark was broken, we were asked not to use the bath during our stay (no explanation) and the kitchen was lacking basic things such as a chopping board, tongs and colander (these were supplied promptly once requested). The bed in the main bedroom was a metal slat bed that squeaked every time you rolled over (I am not a big person) and for some reason the sheets were not fitted and kept creeping up all night.
The furniture was very tired, the carpet badly stained and the walls needed a good paint - not what I expected for $2,000 a week.
The most annoying thing was that the apartment management planned to paint the whole unit while we were staying there - oh - and they didn't mention it to us on booking in. We were surprised on our second day to come back to a painter in the unit - apparently he planned to paint the apartment over the next week (the week we were staying). We knew nothing about this. The Manager rang me after this and I asked for the painting to cease. Third day, we arrive back to the painter in our unit again - he had no instruction to cease painting the unit. I was cranky! Most hotels and apartments would not rent out their rooms when they wanted to paint them. I felt that the management were money-hungry and not showing us any consideration.
On our final night the Manager rang asking what time we were checking out so the painter to come in - I felt like we were a real inconvenience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mpeg36
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was our first visit to Perth and since hotels are so expensive in Perth we decided to book one of Verandah's apartments which is located in West Perth. The apartments were clean and efficient, but there were a number of niggling things that weren't quite right from no safe (although we were told there would be one) to broken trash cans and blinds that didn't function. The staff was friendly but management needs to make sure that there is more attention to detail. The main stretch of town is a short distance away, but buses even though they are free aren't very frequent on weekends and taxis are bloody expensive. Although I have no major complaints I would opt of r a hotel closer to the city centre next time around.

1  Thank skewedeye
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked a 2bed Verandah Apartment for 8nights for myself and my mother for our holiday in Perth.
The Apartments are in northbridge which is literally a 10min walk to the center of the city. The apartment had everything you need for a self contained unit - washing powder, tea, coffee, shampoo, towels, etc.

All you need to go out and buy is your food and drink and there is a supermarket only 5minutes away. The free parking and Wifi is a great perk. A car is not needed for these apartments however it is nice to be able to travel around freely so I would recommend renting one.

The apartments were cleaned every four days and someone came in daily to collect the rubbish. The photos of the apartments do not do them justice, they are much better in real life.
Finally, the staff of the Verandah Apartments are excellent. Very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Thank you

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The room is nice i'll say that. And i would of stayed here again until i checked out. I have to agree that when shown to the room, they were more concerned with getting credit card details than explaining about the accommodation.

Left my wedding ring in the bathroom when i checked out, rang up a few hours later and the cleaners or duty manager didn't see anything. All i got was "Sorry about that"

There lack of concern about honest cleaners is most worrying.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank travelfreq28
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Nothing negative I can say about the apartment. We were impressed the minute we walked in.

Booked a 2 bedroom apartment and was allocated a loft apartment at 5 Ottimo.
It was around 2.30am the time we arrived, and we were met by the duty manager who showed us to our apartment, and showed us how to work the wifi and heaters.

Secured basement carpark with lift access to the 2nd floor apartment. It was clean, quiet and fully equipped with everything you'll need. Requested for a roll-away bed, and it was a nice comfortable thick mattress, set up nicely for us.

Kitchen was well-equipped too.
Highly recommended place to stay in Perth. Though it might be more convenient if you have a rented car...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family