Tom's Kitchen
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just having visited this restuarant last week with two friends this is what food should be about. A straight forward menu with a interesting choice of food. Yes we had to wait but only as it is cooked when you order. We all enjoyed the food and I can say with out doubt it was the best duck I have ever tasted. The wine list also complemented the food. We will return

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Three of us had lunch here a week ago. We started with garlic bread - a generous serve - and a bottle of red wine. It took a while to decide what to order, but I had the salmon and fishcake, one male had the pork belly and one the duck. I didn't get to taste any of the duck but I'm assured it was great. But the flavours in my meal were amazing, and when I tried husband's sauce it was fantastic. I can't remember the last time I've had a meal that was better than I can cook at home. Only criticism was that it took rather too long for the mains to come out and we had to order another bottle of wine, so went home in a somewhat hazy fashion.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My wife and I, along with another couple, went to Shafto lane on a Saturday evening for a drink and meal. We were surprised that Tom's was open on Saturday evening (just began recently); after a drink at another Shafto bar, we got a table at Tom's. Quality service and food. We all wanted to try different dishes, so we ordered duck, steak, salmon and seafood chowder and shared. All four dishes were cooked to perfection. Our two shared desserts were the flourless chocolate cake and sticky date pudding - both were great as well.

Tom's is a bit pricy, but for a few extra $ I believe the higher quality food and service, along with the quieter atmosphere, is a better option than other nearby places. We'll be back.

1  Thank EdgarAPoe
Reviewed April 27, 2012

A small but none the less fine restaurant. Due to its size the menu is limited in options but whichever option you go for they are invariably very good. I would recommend asking the waitress for the specials - never disappointing and the steaks are always superb. Will certainly be back on next trip to Perth.

1  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Had an incredible meal here. One of the best i've had in a long time, very reasonably priced. Definitely worth a go. Will be back.