Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $111.85
More Info
from $125.83
More Info
All reviews swan valley wine tour behind the scenes a terrific tour guide wine making smaller group morning tea wine tasting houghton showcase knowledge wineries company
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2019

Tim provides a personalized wine tour experience. A lot of the larger group tours go to the bigger and standard vineyards but Tim has personally selected a handful of vineyards that showcase what the Swan Valley has to offer. He was enthusiastic and knowledgable. The lunch we had was good. I probably bought ( and drank ) a bit too much wine but thats not a complaint. Highly recommeded.

Date of experience: July 2019
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

Hi Aloke & Therese thanks very much for the 5 star review and I really appreciate the kind words about the tour. You are certainly correct that being a small tour company (max. 10 guests) does give us the distinct advantage of being able to choose to visit any of the wineries in the Swan Valley, whereas the larger tour companies (up to 35 guests) are restricted to the larger, mass producing wineries. These smaller, boutique family run wineries with 3-4 generations of experience take great pride in their craft and produce some exceptional wines that need to be explored. After careful research I choose the wineries that I feel the group are going to enjoy the most and provide the best representation of what the Swan Valley has to offer. We are also often very fortunate to get to meet the winemaker at some venues and talk with them about their wines which really gives you a better sense of the pride and effort that goes into making these small batch wines. I suppose one of the down sides of choosing these exceptional wineries is that one might be inclined to purchase more bottles on the day, however as I provide bubble wrap for any purchases that may be travelling home (in your case all the way back to Canada) we certainly ensure that everything you purchase arrives home safely so you have some great memories from the tour to enjoy. As a Tour Guide who is accredited with Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) I take great pride in ensuring guests enjoy themselves without over indulging and always remain with the group throughout the entire tour from start to finish to ensure everyone is attended to as well as provide water at each location we visit (as well as on the bus). You were both wonderful guests and I am glad you enjoyed the day so much and I really appreciate the high recommendation. I hope you enjoy the wine when you return home to Canada and brings back some great memories from the tour and your time here in Perth! Thanks very much once again and I hope to see you on the tour again when you are in Perth again for your next conference :)

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a group of 8 on our tour, from the time we met Tim at the Perth Station he was so friendly and made you feel relaxed.
Having a small group was so more interactive & enjoyable than just getting lost in the crowd with the big companies.
Tim’s knowledge of wine and personality made for a fabulous day out, our first trip to the Swan Valley.
Tim customised the trip around our wine & gin tastes, we had a marvellous cheese platter at our first winery, and a lovely sit down lunch with a wine of your choice.
If you love wine and love the Swan Valley, Tim and Best of Perth Tours are the people you need to book with.
Michael Pratt.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank prattmk
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Hey Mike thanks very much for the review I really appreciate you taking the time out to let other people know about the tour and the experience you had on the day! I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed the tour and small group experience and by limiting the group sizes to a maximum of 10 guests we are always able to guarantee that everyone on the tour has a personable, memorable experience and doesn't just feel like another number in the crowd. Another benefit of operating boutique sized tours is that we are able to access ALL of the wineries in the Swan Valley (with big tour companies limited to larger wineries) and by identifying what styles of wine and Cellar Door experiences the group will enjoy early in the tour it gives us the added flexibility to change the itinerary to suit our guests so they have the very best experience possible. I am really glad to hear that you and your friends from Melbourne had such a great time and I feel really fortunate to have had the chance to to take such a fun and enjoyable group on tour. I hope all the bottles of wine made it home with you safely and thanks once more for a terrific day. I certainly hope we get to see you in Perth again in the near future!

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Excellent day tasting wines with Tim who runs the company.

Highly recommend the day with an enthusiastic and passionate wine guide

Date of experience: March 2019
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Hi Doan thanks so much for the review and for coming along on the tour! It was really great to meet you and to have my first guest from Vietnam on the tour. You were such great company throughout the day and I am so glad you enjoyed the tour. I hope your business trip here was successful and you enjoyed your time in Perth. Cogratulations again on being a father for the first time and all the best with your family and baby daughter back home ☺

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

We had such a great time on this tour ! It was rich full of history, fun and wine tasting which covered all your categories and even fortified wines like port and muscat which our group voted to go for our last stop because we all loved them! It was an intimate setting and we all got along because it was the smaller group over those large ones that other companies do which I don’t really like. We went to 4 very different styles of places and also had a full meal for lunch and the tour ended with a chocolate factory. You have the option to buy products at each venue which we did at 3/4 - it was amazing. The tour guide Tim owns this business and is also the driver and he’s great to get along with and quite knowledgeable himself in his love of wines. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone. Go go go ! Thanks for an amazing time Tim, would definitely do again :).

Date of experience: March 2019
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hey Lauren thanks for such an amazing review! I was really glad you found your way to my VIP Swan Valley Wine Tour so that you could enjoy a boutique, small tour group experience and the tour delivered on everything you were hoping for. As Australia's oldest wine region there is so much history in the Swan Valley as well as some incredible wine makers producing some sensational wine that have adopted their family legacy and learnt their craft from skills and knowledge that has been passed down through the generations. The tour looks to provide a variety of high quality Cellar Door experiences at the most respected small producers in the region and I was delighted to be able to tailor the tour on the day to include some additional fortified wine tasting which is certainly one of the specialities of the region. Thanks for being such fantastic company on the day and I would certainly love to have you back on the tour again in the future next time you are down in Perth! Enjoy all the travel plans you have booked for this year and hope to see you again in the future :)

Reviewed March 18, 2019

The perfect wine tour.
With a small group you explore some interesting Swan Valley wineries. It's fun and you learn a lot. Everything is well organised and Tim is a very knowledgeable guide. There is enough time for all the wine tastings and a great lunch is included.
I discovered an outstanding sparkling wine. (Unfortunately there was not enough space in my luggage to take it home to Germany.)

Date of experience: December 2018
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Hi Jana it was really great meeting you and I am glad I got to help you celebrate your last day here in Perth with a day out in the Swan Valley before you returned home to Germany! I am so pleased to hear you found the tour both fun and educational which is exactly the type of balance we strive to deliver, whilst also enjoying the exceptional wines and terrific culinary experiences the Swan Valley has to offer throughout the day. The behind-the-scenes tour is a really great way to learn more about the wine making process as well as the the region and what makes the Swan Valley so unique and it is a great start to the day before we begin our journey into the best wines and Cellar Door experiences has to offer. There are so many great wines to discover it can certainly be hard for guests who are travelling to be able to be able to take all of their favourites home, but as long as you enjoyed the wines and had a great day out then we certainly can't ask for anything more than that. Thanks so much again for coming along and choosing the VIP Swan Valley Wine Tour to celebrate your last day here in Perth. I am really glad to hear you enjoyed the day so much and wishing you all the very best when you return back home to Munich!

Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Highly recommend !! This is such a wonderful day out. Tim is incredibly knowledgeable about the region and extremely professional. Following years of experience in the tourism industry, he started his own company to showcase the best that Perth has to offer - and he is succeeding at doing just that! We did the VIP Wine Tour in the Swan Valley, and not only do you gain access to the best boutique wineries in the region due to the smaller size of Tim’s tour (the other tour companies arrive by coach, meaning they can only access the larger wineries) - but because of his strong relationships with the winemakers you feel like you’re part of a much more intimate experience, like you’re being welcomed into the family! The wines were fantastic and award winning, the lunch was so delicious and served in a beautiful setting, and Tim makes you feel right at home and truly “VIP”! I had such a great time I’ve already booked to go back 3 weeks later with my Mum! Thanks Tim for a lovely day - we can’t wait to book your other tours as you bring them on board!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank MorganMacQuarrie
Tim_BestofPerthTours, Owner at Best of Perth Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Hi Morgan thanks so much for coming on the VIP Swan Valley Wine Tour again, it was so great to have spent the day with you once more as well as met your mother whilst she was visiting and be a part of her birthday celebrations! I can't tell you how much of a compliment it is that you enjoyed the tour so much the first time around when your friend Laura came to visit that you would choose to come on the tour once again and I am really so glad that you appreciated it so much. I am also particularly thrilled your mother was able to pick up the very last bottle of the 2016 vintage Cygne Blanc which made the trip just that little bit extra special and certainly hope she enjoys it whenever the occasion calls for it! I definitely look forward to the chance to take the whole family down to Margaret River in the future when they are all over to visit and in the meantime I hope you family continues to be healthy and happy and look forward to seeing you again in the future!