Tripadvisor
Perth
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great view fantastic meal”
Review of Amano Restaurant

Amano Restaurant
Reserve a Table
Fri, 2/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #10 of 1,838 Restaurants in Perth
Description: Great food and impeccable service in a picturesque waterside setting, where traditional Italian flavours blend with finely crafted modern Australian dishes.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came for lunch, we been craving for italian meal ‘specially gnocchi’ it was ok but not what we looking for but the other dishes papardelle is amazing. Liu service was fantastic

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Without doubt Amano's is a serious restaurant with a comparatively small but well chosen menu.

We had a table outside and greatly enjoyed the view and the ambiance.

Our waitress was first class, helpful and pleasant.

My wife started with octopus which she declared delicious while I had oysters which were as good as I've had anywhere.

My wife wanted lamb but was apprehensive about ordering it because of previous restaurant experiences. However I persuaded her to order the rack of lamb which she did. From the look on her face after the first mouthful I knew she was glad she'd ordered it. Cooked to perfection, pink all the way through as she specified, and a very generous serving. At $48 not cheap but well worth it.

As a pasta lover I couldn't go past the fettuccine with seafood, again a generous serving with a good mix of seafood including some Fremantle octopus. The dish and sauce were delicious but for me the pasta was slightly undercooked being a little harder than I prefer.

So excellent food and service so why not 5/5? Simply because the glasses of red wine we ordered was served warm probably nearer 24C (it was a hot night) than the preferred 14C (cool wine can always warm up but the only way to cool down warm wine is to add a block of ice which is far from ideal). A restaurant of Amano's standing should have facilities to keep red wines at a suitable drinking temperature.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

... well ... if you are looking for a really nice, very Italian meal in Pert, with the possibility to sit outside, then this is the place you should be going to.

The homemade pasta, the scallops as well as the catch of the day were extremely well prepared and also nicely presented (including beautiful and colorful, little eatable flowers). The selection of wines was good, with wines for everybody’s budget. The ambience was very relaxed, The waitresses super friendly - jjust keep in mind that it can get quite windy in Perth, and in the evening the terrace of the Amano’s is already in the shade. Nevertheless: a fantastic and very recommendable experience. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We'd heard good reports about amano so my daughter and I decided to give it a go. We started with 6 oysters, the arancini and scallops - all delicious. I ordered the Pappardelle with lamb which was fantastic, my daughter had the lamb rack which she said was excellent. So why only 3 stars ? When we arrived at 7.00pm on the Sunday, the restaurant was about a quarter full. We were shown to a table right by the front door and reception desk. We asked if we could sit outside on the board-walk but were told all of those tables were reserved. 20 mins later a couple arrived at the door and my daughter clearly heard them say "no" when asked if they had a reservation, they were then taken to an outside table ??
Another observation, whuch is more about Perth restaurant attitudes generally, than about this restaurant, we noticed a party of 4 people, obviously tourists, arrive at the door at 8.20pm, only to be told "sorry the kitchen's closing soon". It doesn't matter how much Perth invests in tourism infrastructure such as Elizabeth Quay, while this small town mentality exists, Perth will always be seen as such. And this is supposed to be Perth' #1 restaurant ?

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

We took some U.K. friends for a night out, we were not disappointed! We are from Melbourne , visiting with friends and wanted a classy night out with great food and wine. This restaurant delivered on every level. The wine and food choices were varied and impressive. We thought that the staff showed the perfect amount of knowledge and advice, helping all of us to enjoy our meals. I had a pasta dish with seafood that was very tasty. Others had lamb, ravioli,barramundi. All delicious !