Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

My best experience of a year's tour - Darwin to Perth

Reviewed December 2, 2017
TheGingerMole
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

All reviews westerly skills nature scenery walks
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2018

From a very general request for a tour for eight fit seniors, Mark and Iam designed a most wonderful 14 day experience of site seeing and activities which included infinite variety of fascinating scenery, breathtaking views, great walks and climbs, swimming, fishing, winery visits, a la carte dining . . . every meal was most delicious and varied.
To cap all, Mark and Iam were brilliant company, and met every contingency with skill, innovation and good humour.
Every moment was sheer joy for us all! So much so that we're already put in a request for a follow-up trip next year.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2017

I spent a year in Australia and was keen to see as much as possible- but I didn't want to drive myself. The cities were easy to do but the vast expanse of Western Australia was quite a challenge for me to see. I looked at organise tours and they all looked good, however each one was beyond my budget and from what I could tell they were very much rushed tours- on the road a lot and only getting off briefly to see a place before moving on, to cover the vast distance in a short time.

Outback Camp Tours was different. For an affordable price, a longer tour at a relaxed pace was provided. We, the customers, had influence over the route. On 2 occasions, as a group of strangers who bonded during this tour, we decided to remain at beautiful locations for an extra day so that we could fully enjoy them.

Mark, our guide and driver, is honest and decent and really made the trip feel like it was our own adventure. Nobody else will ever travel from Darwin to Perth and experience the same places, events, people and views that we did.

It truly was the greatest experience I had in a year exploring Australia- I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank TheGingerMole
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

I went to the North West Safari in Wa with all my friends and I had the best time of my life.
It was amazing. Every thing that we saw and we learned about Australia and the outback It's always present in my mind.
I would do this trip 100 of times more.
The people who works in the business (Mark, Iam, Stevo) they are great!
Really, I recommend this trip to all people who wants to have a unique experience.

Agustina x

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank Agustina B
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

The trip that Mark and his crew took my friends and I on was absolutely marvellous. Not only did we see breathtaking places but also through all his years of experience, Mark taught us so many things about Australian nature and aboriginal history and traditions.
I usually am not the type to go on a camping trips but this one took me by surprise, I would totally do it again if I could.
This whole trip was about embracing nature and its beauty, it was about feeling joyful with the bare minimum and confronting your fears (at least for me).
Thank you Mark, Iam and Steven, without you I wouldn't have got the chance to see and get to know some of the most amazing places in Australia.
I would totally recommend this!!!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank _shaomelissa
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I thought I was a good camper but Outback Camp Tours took me to a whole different level. I've done two trips with Mark and his team, each very different due to the weather BUT each was the most amazing life changing trip. If you're a GLAMPER this trip is not for you....if you LOVE being outdoors and LOVE getting stuck into life....this trips IS FOR YOU !

They provided almost all the camping equipment and food....I took my sleeping back and clothes. Mark and the team know quiet places 'off the beaten track' but can still take you to all the major landmarks.

If you know all about camping you will still enjoy this. If you know nothing about camping this is a great way to learn the basics. Camp fire cooking, damper and amazing sunsets.

Reading reviews doesn't do the trip justice.... JUST BOOK A TRIP and find out for yourself.

Date of experience: May 2017