“Ok meal (Vic Park)”

Chimek Chicken & Beer
Ranked #941 of 1,595 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed July 25, 2018

We dined here on a Tue Night ($10 wings night) we didnt know about it was wings night. There was three of us and we ordered a wings dish each and we shared. My southern fried chicken are a bit dry, the other two (one mex and one chilli) was nice. Had to get a few sauces to give mine a it of moisture. Chimek beer was eally nice and spam chips good too. Bathroom floor was very sticky needs a good clean with hot water.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

After scouting the local area, we decided to give Chimek a try because we were in the mood for a burger and they looked delicious on the menu. What we got was very different to the picture at the front door. First off the burgers were tiny. My friend went for beef and the patty tasted cheap. I had the pork and it was too soggy, plus the bacon and chorizo weren’t cooked enough. The restaurant itself was pretty cool but they provide plastic gloves in place of cutlery (you might be able to get a knife and fork if you ask but I didn’t see anyone using them). All in all, the experience was disappointing. If I had to visit again I would try the chicken as that’s what they specialise in.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

A friend of mine took a couple of us here for lunch raving about the chicken wings. From the outside this place looked more like a clothing store - inside it's a bit of both, with a funky urban industrial feel. Lots of black chain fencing gives the feel of those NY basketball courts - they even have a NBA shop within the restaurant, as well as a few arcade games.

As per their slogan, Chimek is all about the chicken. Most of the meals are around $12:50. There were three of us and we decided to share the Tower of Babel - which is a triple platter stack of chicken wings, coleslaw, chips and sauces ($75). Despite best efforts, the three of us could not finish it - must have been 24-25 BIG chicken wings. I reckon it would be best shared between 5 people (5 wings each at $15pp). The wings were cooked perfectly, tender on the inside and nice and crispy/crunchy on the outside. We let the guy serving us pick the 6 different types of wings and all of them were good - although a couple of them were a bit messy with too much sauce (they give you rubber gloves and plenty of serviettes!!). The chips were excellent (one of my personal measures of a good feed), and the coleslaw was OK. We also tried the Spam chips ($10) which came out served in spam tins! Apart from being a novelty they were actually very tasty - definitely worth a try. This place is licensed so you can enjoy a beer with your wings. Chimek would be a good place to bring a large group of friends and share a couple of big stacks. We enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

The food: Average.
I found the chicken quite dry, but thankfully it wasn't too greasy or oily - you can probably see this from the photo attached. It craved sauce, yet the sauces were too thick to balance how dry the chicken was. The portion of coleslaw was a bit of a joke actually (see photo). Fairly mediocre. I would rate this somewhere between poor and average. It's half way okay, but absolutely not for the price.
The service: Appalling.
Specifically the Northbridge store, the young guy that served me was just so rude and disinterested! No manners at all. He seemed to be more interested in getting back to his phone to text and attend to his social life. I think it would have killed him to smile...literally.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

The southern fried chicken comprised about 15 or so small pieces of tasteless dried out chicken covered in a thick, hard, tasteless batter accompanied by about 20 or so chips which were reasonably tasty but dry. There was barely a tablespoon of coleslaw on the side. I could have bought a far more enjoyable meal for less than half the price from Red Rooster or Chicken Treat.