“Best dim sum, Terrible Service”

Northbridge Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #397 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The dim sum here is probably the best in Perth. Unfortunately, the service, like almost all Chinese restaurants, is terrible. Chinese restaurants treat you like they are doing you a favour to let you eat at their establishment. The wait staff is rude and crude.

Go for the food. Pretend that you are at the zoo at a chimp tea party and you will be fine.

3  Thank PerthFrequent_Flyer

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Busy with a line up into the street for a weekday lunch. Good range of Yum Cha dishes to choose from with good service. Constantly offered different dishes. Food was good.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

you carnt go wrong here , the best asain food in perth , great location and fab service , its a must if your in perth .

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I went to this place with my friends in 2009.

As we are still chatting and catching up at the end of our meals, the waiter without asking for our permission started to clean our table (including our tea cups!!!).
He quickly took my friends' cups and as I was reaching for mine, asking if I still want my cup.
Well, of course not!!! You already took everyone else's cups!!!

No matter how good a restaurant's food can be, it all taste bad when the service is so poor. I never go to this place again after that.
If it fine if you need us to go so other customers can have the table but other Chinese places ask politely!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I have eaten here many times now and on a few occasions when closed for renovation or holidays, I have tried other Northbridge restaurants and am always a little disappointed. Now I am talking here only about the dim sum meals and not the full dinner menu as I usually eat there at around 10am to 11am. English is limited so booking is pointless, just rock up.
The restaurant is right next door to another Chinese so don't confuse the two. This one is on your left as you face the buildings and if you arrive at 11am on a Sunday, you will identify it easily by the many people outside awaiting a table. Don't be put off though, send one of your party inside where you will be issued a ticket for the number of guests and they call you when a table is ready. The wait usually isn't too long. It's a huge place and diners tend not to linger once they've finished eating.
The food...well, the dumplings are simply a better flavour and texture than any of the others I have tried, you only have to look at the patronage to confirm that. My favourites are sui mai, bean curd roll (pork in mild black bean), pork spare ribs, scallop and prawn dumplings...yum. Do beware of the chilli oil with visible seeds, it is a fire hazard! I love chilli but I always ask the trolley lady for chilli paste and soy sauce which they will serve in a small dipping bowl. Its a lot milder but still has a kick. Wash all this down with a pot of green tea and you should walk out the door very contented and less than twenty bucks out of pocket.

3  Thank Bofman