“No frill hotel”

Ranked #23 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“No frill hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2010

This hotel is situated in East Perth and it takes about 30 min to walk to city centre.

The hotel is the equivalent of low cost airlines. The basics are there, anything else you want, you have to pay extra. An extra towel costs $2.50. Room cleaning costs $55.

The room furnitures are of low quality, the beds are made of spongy foam, and not of the standard inner spring beds common in most hotels. If you have lower back problem, they may not be comfortable to sleep in. The walls are all bare without any paintiings. The corridors are also bare - literally.

I asked the reception to assist in booking a local tour, but was given a phone no. and told to do it myelf.

The room rates are reasonable, but considered high if the lack of quality and services are taken into account.

My email address was bombarded with the hotel adverts after I checked out. Apparently they have added me to their data base without my consent.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank engam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sunderland
Reviewed April 18, 2010

At the most this is a 1* rated property and is far from the self rated 4* it portrays itself to be on its own website and agencies promoting Regal Apartments. On arriving we were greeted by what resembled a building site outside of the main entrance of which we were not notified. We proceeded inside where the floors in the main reception were really dirty they actually mirrored the dirt from outside. We then checked in and the receptionist advised us of the security codes to the doors leading to the rooms I have to say this left me slightly unnerved as did the whole ambience of the surroundings. Never the less we carried on to the apparently newly refurbished room we had been allocated for our 10 night stay! Through the corridors to the room all of the walls and carpets were absolutely disgusting. When we got to our room it took us all of 30 seconds to decide we were not staying here and I immediately started ringing around Perth hotels for accommodation for that night. While I was doing this a man came into our room showing a lady around, we told him we were not happy with the standard of the room and that we were leaving he just ignored this and continued showing the lady around at no point did he come back and speak to us before we left considering he was the Manager of the apartments you would of thought he would have wanted to discuss why we were not happy. The room was disgusting very unclean dark and gloomy with very little natural light, the bed looked unmade and dirty and don't even get me started on the net curtains if they were supposed to be dirty grey then ok but I’m presuming they were supposed to be white!
Their customer service also leaves a lot to be desired trying to get some kind of refund for the 10 nights we paid in advance was in itself a hard task. I was advised that we would only receive a refund if they managed to resell our room as we had booked through an agency. After several telephone calls, e-mails and texts I eventually managed to speak to Peter (one of their managers) who advised that they had worked really hard and had managed to resell 6 of the 10 nights paid for so we received a refund however, I would suggest this was through our persistence rather than their generosity. Their own refund policy is the loss of the cost of 2 nights’ accommodation I would have thought they could have implemented this process in the circumstances. When I spoke to Peter he advised me that the room clean I would suggest that he must be wearing rose coloured spectacles if that is his idea of clean it is certainly not mine. I have read some of the reviews on trip advisor and I should have taken note of the bad ones and steered clear of Regal Apartments. We ended up staying in a 5* resort just outside of Perth City for less than the cost of this appalling place. Regal Apartments Management clean up your act and stop ripping people off!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SunderlandMags
RegalApartments, Public Relations Manager at Regal Apartments, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally apologise for the experience that you have had at Regal Apartments. If i could please ask you to email me at marketing@regalapartments.com.au as i would like to investigate this issue for you. Regal Apartments has recently had new staff start and we would like to ensure that guests have a pleasant stay. I look forward to resolving this issue with you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Perth hotels

boulder
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Great place for family and friends. Nearby food outlets. Close to free public transport.
Within walking distance of the CBD which we walked into town on several occasions
One little thing is that the light switch on the small bedroom is on the outside of the bedroom - a little annoying which could be easily moved to the inside of the bedroom.
Also the reception of the TV was bad - possibly antenae problem.
Apart from that a very enjoyable stay and would recommend others to stay there

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
WA
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I just want to say that staying at the Regal Apartments was great. It's a great quiet location with a lot nearby or just a short drive away or bus trip away.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
West OZ
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Easily one of the better apartment accomadation options in Perth, we have stayed at a few and The Regal has great rooms, very clean and a top location in East Perth. plenty of Shops (IGA) and resteraunts close by. We will use this again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Denmark Western Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We enjoyed our four day stay at the Regal Apartments. We were a little concerned by some of the negative expereinces chronicled by other travellers on this website but, I am pleased to say that our room, although it had not been completely refurbished, was clean and comfortable and the staff were very professional and obliging. We intend to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Western Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2009

It's a shame I didn't read previous reviews before booking into Regal apartments.Having just stayed there this last weekend most of comments from previous reviews rang true.Not very encouraging when you first get into the lift and it is filthy with the largest carpet stain ever seen, which leads you into dirty carpeted hallways.Within the apartment itself there was a sink that had a large brown stain matching the lift one, the glass table had one corner broken off and masking tape holding a piece of wood in the corner where the glass had broken.The walls were dirty and needed a good wash, the wooden shutters in the lounge and other bedroom were dilapidated and broken, the overhead lighting in the kitchen had two out of four lights working whilst the bathroom had one in three working, the remote for the TV (which is hopelessly outdated) didn't work , the bedroom cupboard was damaged and I could go on... which leads me to my final point, I previously stayed here 5 and a half years ago and the place then was terrific however it has dropped it's standards apallingly.Would not recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple