“Great Location ruined by poorly maintained property!”
Review of Regal Apartments

Regal Apartments
Ranked #25 of 57 Specialty Lodging in Perth
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed for 4 night late May 2014. Totally disappointed. Forget those flashy photos on the internet and have a look at the photos I took from the real current condition of one of its rooms! Could not find even one neat and clean spot in this 2 bedroom apartment. Paid 199$/n and then 55$ extra per day for a very poor housekeeping (Did not vacuum the floor. Sheets had wholes and stains)!! NOR RECOMMENDED even if you are very desperate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RegalApartments, Manager at Regal Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear FrequentTraveller666,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Apartments.
I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding the number of aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.
We always encourage our guests to inform us while in-house & we can address any issues immediately.
I would like to sincerely apologise for the cleanliness, I have addressed this with the Housekeeping manager and further training has been provided to ensure this does not happen in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Regal Apartments.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed here for one night in a two bedroom apartment. Shared with a work colleague so for those travelling on business and thinking of sharing think again. Had to share the bathroom and toilet. The apartment was disgusting old with tatty furniture tears in the seats, pillows dirty and stains everywhere. Ended up with a rash from the bed whether this was from the detergent that is used or bugs who knows but after a long flight staying at this place you will not get a good nights sleep. What is more annoying is that there are apartments that have been renovated but there is no discount for staying in those have not been upgraded. Regardless I would not stay here at all.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lentil01,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

when we first entered the room i felt a sticky mess on the floor which triggered alarm bells"has this room been cleaned". We quickly rang the manager who put us in a new room although this room was clean the whole unit was "dirty" to look at. Every room wall was marked although this room had been cleaned it just came across as dirty because the wall were. Lucky we were only sleeping in the room as i had business to attend . the area its self is quiet good and central to some very nice eateries in the area .i loved the area but must say money must be spent on the rooms as they let the complex down .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear ados067
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Apartments.
I am glad you were able to appreciate the beautiful location of the Hotel Apartments .
We are in the process of reviewing options for interior decor and finalising refurbishment proposal so this will also definitely assist. Apartments are getting painted & old furniture is being replaced.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Regal Apartments on your return business trip to Perth.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Left regal apartments after a 3 week stay. I spent well over $2k and I wish I'd stayed somewhere else. Firstly the room I got was not like the room they'd showed on the website. It didn't have a balcony and it had a stale or old carpet smell. The were 2 pots and a few utensils and this is supposedly a serviced apartment. Not good enough.
They gave me 3 towels and they cleaned the room every 7th day way too long considering the size of the apartments. And the women that did eventually come and clean, did a half asked job and I had to go over areas where she had cleaned. All she did was change the sheets. It's appalling. And she was extremely rude.
They moved me on my last day to another room and the room was below standards. Why they would have this room available for guests paying $205 per night, beats me. The caramel couch alone is enough to make you ill and demand a refund.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It's in a great spot. That's the only good thing I can say about this place. Plenty of places in Perth that are cleaner, better customer service and cheaper than this old dump.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear fly in -fly-out,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Apartments.
We are in the process of reviewing options for interior decor and finalising refurbishment proposal so this will also definitely assist. Apartments are getting painted &old furniture is being replaced.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were looking for somewhere decent but not expensive to stay in Perth for 1 night when we flew in before heading down south. The Regal apartments seemed like a good option, which is was. The apartments are in a lovely area in east Perth, there is a beautiful walk that goes away the River with a park for the kids. Most importantly, the area was quiet, we had 2 of the two bedroom apartments for our party and I had asked us to be next to each other, which we were. We paid a little extra to get the renovated apartments, I hadn't seen the others so I don't know the difference but they were nice.
The kitchens are basic and had just enough equipment to do breakfast and a basic spag bol. There are a lot of restaurants near by with takeaway options. Checkin and out was easy and efficient.
Unfortunately our stay was marred by an upstairs tenant (guest or permanent I'm not sure) decided to do some renovating and use a drill in the walls at 7 in the evening, very noisy. Not helpful when you are trying to get kids to sleep. Once that stopped the place was very quiet though.
I would stay here again unless I found something in a similar price range to try.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank vpeewee

Dear vpeewee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Apartments.
I am glad you were able to appreciate the beautiful location of the Hotel and you had wonderful Stay with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

East Perth is becoming quite chic and these apartments are a few steps from some quite hip restaurants on the water. They're basic, pleasant and fairly quiet. The bathrooms and kitchens are tired, there is minimal basic kitchen utensil stuff, the beds (one queen, one single) are comfortable, the sofas are seriously uncomfortable. The apartment wasn't too clean.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear travelwritermosman,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Apartments
I am glad you were able to appreciate the beautiful location of our apartments and you had wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed on around 6 occasions while working in Perth. Apartments are generally (see below) fine - spacious, well equipped. Very conveniently situated in East Perth - nice walks and good restaurants. Can be a bit dark in the day - but this keeps the rooms cool. Bathrooms not flash, but fine. Just be aware that the rooms are variable - I have stayed in one that is much tattier than the others - stained sinks, cracked tiles and grubby carpets.

Room Tip: Avoid older rooms that haven't had a refurbishment