“Was my favourite!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I eat at this restaurant probably 3 times a year whenever I come to Perth and have always recommended it to others. Tonight I was a little bit disappointed and wonder if the restaurant has new owners. The food used to be served in little buckets (i believe Balti means bucket) but now it is served in normal plates. The plate of rice at a cost of $4 was very small and the Naan appeared to be half the size it used to be. The meal though was very good. One of the male waiters seemed to hang around pushing me to order. I still very much enjoyed my meal but I am concerned it is going down hill.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Post concert treasure. Don't expect much at 9.30pm in Perth, but Balti's was wonderful. Staff were attentive without being too in your face. It was suggested that we might like to move from our table as a young group were coming in and were going to be quite noisy, which I thought was considerate, as it came to be. We were then at least, able to hear each other between mouth mouthfuls of mmmmm, yum and other such noises of appreciation. The fish tandoori was amazing, beautifully succulent fish with quite a punchy flavour. Lovely fluffy saffron rice, crushed eggplant, soft, smoky divine. I could have hogged the lot, but there was the dhal to be eaten and the garlic naan....that my friends was enough, replete, happy would definitely recommend eating there any time you are near the concert hall.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

we decided to try the balti for dinner on Thursday night,and I am glad we did.
the place was busy, service attentive and the food (Indian) excellent.. we will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

always superb authentic Indian food. Delicious naans, good tandoori food, smiling staff and great atmosphere.

1  Thank freespirit93
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went there with my husband on a Friday night. we were staying at Fraser suites and went looking for somewhere not too crowded not too quiet just right. Good service, good food, lovely atmosphere. Yes more costly than food court Indian, which I love for the price but the ambience this place had for our anniversary was just right! happy, thank you!