“Great food, poor service”
Review of Balti

Balti
Ranked #33 of 1,398 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked a table for 11 and on entering the restaurant with 8 people were interrogated as to where the others were, when they would be arriving and were instructed to sit at one end of the table so the last three seats and table could be separated off and used for other diners if the rest of our party didn't show. The manager made a big fuss about this, claiming the restaurant was fully booked and making us feel uncomfortable that one person didn't make it as their flight into Perth was delayed and another was an apology. The manager's rudeness would have (almost) been tolerable if indeed the restaurant had been fully booked. In fact for the period between 6.30pm and 9pm (when we left) the restaurant was less than half full. Service was a bit hit and miss - some staff were excellent, others looked bored and appeared to think the job was beneath them. The manager also made a big fuss about our banquet orders. The food was very good and the wine list was also good. Once the manager disappeared out the back - the evening became more enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Balti

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Extremely ordinary food. Lack lustre service and overpriced. The Saffron chicken was tasteless. Popodums served without any sides. I paid $49 with one beer for one person. Onion bhaji. Saffron chicken. Garlic nan. I pure blonde beer. Recommend you don't go there and get what I did.

2  Thank Mdytor
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Ate here twice last week for dinner in Perth. I couldn't get enough of the tandoori chicken in spite of the inflated Perth dining costs. Basmati rice was standard as was the naan bread. The chicken was moist and flavorful and excellent quality. I also ordered the rice pudding on my second visit and had to go back to restaurant because they forgot to give it to me--not worth it as it tasted odd and I didn't finish it--pretty much the only reason I didn't give five stars. Service was very quick and professional. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After asking twice for someone to take our order, we had to finally get hold of somebody to do it. Quality of food was good though. Little expensive. Staff didnt care at all what we needed. We were igored many times after asking for some extras or even the bill. No thanks, no smile, no eye contact. Never will go back there.

1  Thank Melbournian2013
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Treated to a lunch time curry by a friend for my birthday, this was probably the best curry I have had since arriving in WA. It is clean, the service was fantastic and the food was even better. Would recommend it to families, singles, couples in fact everyone.