“Great, especially for a non curry lover”
Review of Balti

Balti
Ranked #33 of 1,486 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We decided to give this restaurant a try, having looked from our hotel opposite for some time. We were not disappointed, despite my almost aversion to curry.
The clover smoked meatballs were "different" and served their purpose. The chicken with saffron and almonds was superb, as was my rice dessert.
If you love curry, then give it a go - you can do much worse than Balti. If you don't love curry, there's still much to enjoy.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I was a regular customer on my own. This time I was with a group of 15. We had the $60 per head banquet so we spend $900 bucks on food. The qty was discusting for what we paid. It was all sauce and absolutely bugger all meat. I would have expected that we had about $200 worth of food not $900. Their drink service was very slow too. Could have sold double if they were better. I normally host these size dinners on a 2 week basis and tried this place for the first time as a group. Will not do it again. Had to go via McDonald's on the way home to fill me up. Discusting value!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Recently spent a week in Perth, stayed at the Duxton for the first time and sought for a quick tasty meal and was delighted to find right across the road! Service was excellent and the restaurant quickly filled on a week night, I loved the chilli hot chips (fries) and thoroughly enjoyed my eggplant main. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to enjoy Indian in the Perth CBD.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We walked by the restaurant several days before deciding to try it. We were not disappointed. I had YELLOW LENTILS WITH SPINACH side and the MIXED VEGETABLES. I wished I could have taken it to my hotel for lunch the next day. It was that good. The naan was great. My husband had the CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA. The beer was pricey at 10$ per bottle.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stumbled across Balti year or so back during a visit to Perth where we ordered take away so we could watch the free opera in the park nearby. The food was sensational so we returned on our most recent visit to dine in house. Located at the eastern end of St Geroges Terrace and a short walk from the hotels in thta part of the City, Balti is nicely located for visitors and business lunches alike.

Staff were quite professional and efficient. Food was mostly 'traditional' styles but very well done with excellent flavours. Highlights for our group was the garlic naan, tarka dhal and palak paneer.

TIPS: Ask for a window table, or at least away from the bright lighting near the bar. If they don't have your favourite cocktail or drink on the list - just ask - they easily accommodated my liking for martinis! They also do take away and the foreshore isn't far away to enjoy it in warmer weather.

BOUQUETS: Excellent food for vegetarians and omnivores alike, good service and well located if you want to avoid the hustle of Northbridge.

BRICKS: No issues from any of our party.