“Flawless meal, great bustling ambience”
Review of Caffe Italia

Caffe Italia
Ranked #53 of 1,354 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: East Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Flawless meal, great bustling ambience”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our hotel concierge recommended this restaurant, and we were apparently lucky it was raining and got the last table easily without a wait. The food was incredible and the restaurant was very happening without being the least bit pretentious.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank rmsyd

• Indonesian first
Perth
“thanks”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

great food, great services thanks for a wonderful night

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Anne B
Rockhampton, Australia
“excellent meals and service”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Fell in love with this place, fabulous authentic italian food and reasonable prices. Was very busy the 2 nights we dined there but staff were very attentive and service was as good as the food.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Sue D
Perth
“Friday night dinner”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My partner and myself love going there after work on a Friday for an early dinner. The staff there are friendly, polite and always have a smile on their face. Great tasting food and value for money and they are quick...I highly recommend going either early or make a booking because there is always people waiting to get a table...

Fantastic food...I can't wait to go there again...

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank jmlicari
australia
“Lying cheating con artists with substandard Italian food”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Just returned from dinner with family and I am still seething with anger. Granted that the pizza was apparently nice, the rest of the food at this Italian joint was just absolutely terrible. Do not be fooled into thinking that the queue outside this place means that you will be served a good Italian meal. Absolutely not! I had to return the gnocchi special (which was over $30) because the meatball was uncooked and cold in the middle. A plate with gnocchi went back to the kitchen but only the meatballs returned minus the gnocchi. No apologies. Worse yet, after paying for my bill, I noticed that I was overcharged. Honest mistake, perhaps but, when I brought this to the owner's attention that he overcharged me, I was dismissed and told that he just punched a different button but it was for the same meal (untrue of course) and then walked off. Perhaps, it was "my mistake" that I did not ask to have a look at the bill prior to letting him swipe my card. I thought that those in the hospitality industry such as those running this place had the decency to be fair to their paying customers. I would never ever go back to this place again and you bet that I will be letting my friends know as well. I would give it a subzero rating if this was available on tripadvisor. Don't waste your money but If you do dare try this place, I would urge you to check your bill before you hand over your cash or credit card. It may not be much but it is the principle of the matter that counts.

• Visited October 2011