“Fab 50”
Review of 1907 Restaurant

1907 Restaurant
Ranked #123 of 1,461 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 1907 offers classic fine dining cuisine and beverages with a contemporary, globally influenced twist, enriching Perth’s cultural evolution. Housed in a 100 year old rag factory in the hub of Perth’s CBD, this historic building creates a truly unforgettable and unique dining and bar experience. Head Chef Paul Medica and his dedicated team turn their passion for the finer things into a sophisticated dining affair.​
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I organized my 50 th at 1907, from the very first time I walk into the restaurant to see what they had to offer I was treated fantastically. Harold was very polite and helpful. My husband and I decided to have a meal there before we made a booking for my birthday. We were very impressed with the service and meals that we had. We were placed in a corner near two large tables but within a minute the waitress was back saying we couldn't stay there because there would be to much noise for us which was nice as I wasn't to happy at first. We booked the private dining room for my birthday chose a set menu and had one of the best nights I have ever had. All my guests were so impressed with the food the service and the atmosphere. I look forward to going back and would highly recommend 1907.

1  Thank Trish176

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Dined here two weeks ago with friends. It was my 2nd time here, after an extremely positive experience a few months prior. We were given complimentary bread with delicious dips, and one of my friends had the spinach soup entree, which she loved. For mains I had the duo of beef, which was very tasty. The beef was medium-well, as ordered, and was tender and melt-in-the-mouth. We also ordered a side salad and the hand cut potato frites (delicious!!!) One of my friends had ordered the duck for mains, but was given the beef in error. To make up for the mix-up, we were given the duck as well for free to share. I am not a big fan of duck, but those who do like it would probably have enjoyed this. In any case, it was good PR by the staff. In between courses, we were offered various complimentary palate cleansers, including one which was quite unusual. It consisted of artichoke, peas and (I think) pumpkin served in a large glass bowl which came to us with a lid on top. The waiters removed the lid and smoke came out. It was quite unusual, and the food itself was also delicious. For dessert, I had the sorbets (lychee, blueberry and strawberry).

The staff were extremely courteous, and special mention goes to Harold, who made the experience extra special (on both occasions). He recommended some excellent wines, and his manner with customers was very professional. I had also put in a dietary request beforehand, and this was catered to PERFECTLY. No hassles, no staff making you feel as if you've put them out in some way. They told me any meal could be modified according to my request. I thought this was brilliant.

The restaurant itself is in a quiet side street in Perth's CBD. The building is a beautifully restored heritage property, with the restaurant on ground level and large cocktail bar (part of the restaurant) in the basement. The restaurant's furnishings are quite plush. Red carpets, very soft lighting, chandeliers, smooth lounge music. Overall, if you want a classy night out with good (albeit slightly expensive) food, professional service and swanky surroundings, 1907 is definitely an excellent option. It was full the night we were there, and I'm not surprised. I will certainly be back for more!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Was looking for a quiet restaurant with good food and service to celebrate an anniversary with my partner and found 1907 due to it's mainly positive reviews regarding the food quality right here on tripadvisor. The service was excellent and the charming waitress was attentive and polite. The appetizers were delicious and the bread was fresh. The wine menu seemed to lack options between cheap and expensive and the wine by-the-glass portions were deceptively stingy only due to the massive glasses they were served in. Had the quail as an entree which was bland and lacked much flavour, and my partner who had the beetroot salad experienced the same. We both had a steak each which we ordered to be done medium but they both came well done, which is extremely disappointing for the price of the dishes. Strangely enough the most tasty portions of the meal was the vegetable sides that came with the steaks and the french fries we ordered on the side..

1  Thank Schtaive
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The restaurant is tucked back in alley off of Queen St. It is worth finding this warm, quiet restaurant. The chef should be commended for putting together such wonderful experiences for your taste buds. The are 2 price fixe menus available daily, or you can order a la carte. This was a wonderful dining experience. Had the pumpkin and coconut soup which a perfect balance of the pumpkin with sweetness from the coconut. The house ice creams for dessert was again a wonderful balance of unexpected flavors. A truly wonderful dining experience in the CBD.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The staff really has got there act together. Far to many restaurants in Perth need to emulate their quality service and overall performance.
The food, wine etc. is nothing less than outstanding.
Any dinner at this restaurant must be preceded by visiting their cocktail bar, This is a Speak Easy experience with class.
Nothing disappointing at 1907 Perth.
cannot wait for the replay...