“A cute anniversary spot”
Review of 1907 Restaurant

1907 Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 1,390 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 1907 offers classic fine dining cuisine and beverages with a contemporary, globally influenced twist, enriching Perth’s cultural evolution. Housed in a 100 year old rag factory in the hub of Perth’s CBD, this historic building creates a truly unforgettable and unique dining and bar experience. Head Chef Paul Medica and his dedicated team turn their passion for the finer things into a sophisticated dining affair.​
Perth, Australia
“A cute anniversary spot”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I went to 1907 on Friday night to celebrate our anniversary. Having lived in Melbourne for the past few years I think we have become a bit picky when it comes to our high expectations of fine dining - but 1907 was ok.

We started with a cocktail in the lounge downstairs (the Black Passion Martini is recommended) and they were happy to put our drinks on our meal bill. Upstairs in the restaurant I felt that atmosphere was slightly lacking - the white jackets that the staff wore were very cheap looking and the decor just didnt achieve the desired affect.

Our meals were pretty good. My husbands beetroot salad for entree was much better than my rather boring spinach (I think?) soup. My Salmon main course was delish, but I thought my husbands steak wasn't the best I had ever tasted. For dessert my husband had the cheese (comes in a cart - wasn't served in any special manner). I had the chocolate plate and it was divine! - and probably the biggest serve of any course!

The complementary starters, breads and dips probably set a higher bar higher than the main courses achieved, and that was a bit disappointing.

Together with a $65 price tag on a wine I know is $15 in the bottleshop (pet peeve of mine - if you are going to mark up wine then at least provide something special and not readily available in the shops) our bill came to $270. That was 2 cocktails ($20 ea) 2x entrees, mains and dessert, and the abovementioned wine.

Overall it was good, and the evening achieved what we set out for, but we will probably just hang out in the basement cocktail bar in the future.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Western Australia
“Best food service in Perth.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The best food service crew I've seen in Perth. Service was wonderful. Food spectacular. Wine list was pretty good too. Admittedly almost had to sign off our first born to pay for it all, but luckily was on a corporate credit card.

• Visited August 2012
“Divine”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Fantastic food, best waitstaff and service in Perth. Ambience plus. Everything about this place from start to finish was as close to perfection you could possibly get. The scallops were beautiful and the Cheese Trolley was soooo yum!

• Visited July 2012
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a way to spend your 70th birthday”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

After spending a wonderful evening at 1907 I felt compelled to share this beautiful experience with you. On the occasion of my 70th birthday I spent the evening with all of my immediate family all 24 of us. The food was fabulous with excellent presentation and supurb service, and the wine selection divine. I can certainly recommend the Roast Quail breast and braised leg with corn puree pancetta and Quince sandwich as the Entree. My main, Beef City grain fed Angus scotch fillet was cooked to perfection and the white peach bavarois with raspberry jelly pink peppercorn cream, lemongrass ice cream dessert was simply brilliant.
My sincere thanks to the team for a memorable evening. Rob Chester and family.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank bigrob1942
“Impeccable”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Had dinner at this beautiful restaurant last night the service was brilliant food Devine and the ambience heaven. Totally recommend.