“Best Fish Ever”

Ranked #132 of 1,432 Restaurants in Perth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Perth
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Although this was expensive for fish and chips, the fish was the best ever, the batter was so light and crunchie and I was able to order a smaller portion which was ideal for me. The service was excellent and the restaurant had a friendly atmosphere, would certainly go again when visiting Perth

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great professional service from everyone; attentive but not in your face and irritating. Somehow, when our wine glass was almost empty, someone arrived to pour another glass for us. We were asked twice if the meal was satisfactory etc... This is definitely not cheap - if you want a cheap meal of fish and chips Kailis Cafe in Trigg does a fantastic meal for $10. But if you are in Leederville and dont mind paying up for what is actually fairly expensive food - then you the seafood platter was great. At $84 shared seafood platter for two, we had 4 fish cakes, 4 giant prawns, curried calamari, two salmon pieces, chilli mussels, roast potatoes (not chips) and two pieces of fresh mulloway in wonderful crispy batter. We also had an $8.50 serve of fairly unremarkable but adequate garlic bread and a $42 bottle of Kapuka NZ white (which I see is available wholesale online at $16 a bottle). Total $135 - not a cheap lunch, but it was a good lunch. Value for money at Kailis? - Kailis cafe in Trigg. This was pleasant, expensive, and the service was great. Would we go again? - no, nice though it was - not nice enough to cover the cost or to stop us exploring other options next time we are in Leederville.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been buying seafood from this store for many years and always wondered what the restaurant was like so this time I tried it and was impressed, form the moment I walked in the service was good the waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and made a great recommendation of the cobbler with sweet potato chips, it was so light and juicy, delicious. Please go it's worth it.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The crayfish for $74 was very disappointing. There was only about 10 small pieces. The snapper was very well cooked and the sauce was lovely. We had to order dessert to fill ourselves up though and I am not a big eater. Will definitely seek better value elsewhere next time

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I decided to go out to lunch on a whim, and he wanted to check out the menu at Kailis Brothers in Leederville. We walked in and were very pleasantly surprised by the air conditioning which was the perfect temperature, and also the restaurant setting, which managed to be both classy and casual.

Husband had the salt and pepper squid, and I had the sizzling garlic prawns. We also shared a tomato, basil and feta salad. Husband said that he could have ordered the entree size squid instead of the main, and he's a pretty hearty eater! My prawns were lovely, there were 6 or 7 in garlic oil with a couple of chunks of what looked like baguette. It was all lovely, the food was spot on and the service was excellent. Not cheap, (with two soft drinks, total bill came to $90) but it was worth the money. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Jen W