“Absolutely delicious in superb environment”
Review of Shilla Korean BBQ

Shilla Korean BBQ
Ranked #297 of 1,352 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Perth
Perth, Australia
“Absolutely delicious in superb environment”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went here on a friday night, close before X-mas. we were a family of four, with 2 friends, who knew the place. Had read some reviews (on Yelp) that showed disappointment, interestingly contrasting with the views here on Tripadvisor.
I have to say, it was a great experience. After having had some drinks on the waterside (a little sidestream of the Swan river runs just past, nice walk after dinner is recommended) we went into the restaurant and had our heaters prepared that rise from the centre of the table. The four of us had great vegetarian Pancakes, tofu with chilli around it and tofu with stir fried vegetable inside it. After this we had a main with mushroom, beans, tofu and all kind of vegetables, mixed in a wok in the middle of the table, making a delicious mix, call it soup.
Our friends were very enthusiastic about their shrimps and meat hot pots and we all had a great night.
I have to say what impressed me the most was that the waitress said that they had some vegetarian dishes but the Korean cuisine really focuses on meat and fish. That is why i found it really amazing what the creativity of the chef could do for us.
A fully deserved 5 circles.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good korean food”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my wife's choice. She had never before been to a Korean food place. The choices we made were two entrees and two mains (cooking at the table). We were happy with the food and the service. A good night out.

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Having never tried Korean food before I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Well, I was very impressed. We did have a Cudo voucher, so the pricing wasn't an issue. We did have a look at their normal menus and their prices are quite high but that's what you should pay for the experience of having Korean BBQ. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited July 2012
Perth WA
“Banquet for two yummi”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Took my Wife for an Anniversary Lunch last Sunday & was very impressed nice modern decor & friendly efficient service Banquet for two, 3 very tasty entries, main pork, bolgorgi Beef ( not sure of spelling) & chilli chicken cooked on the BBQ on the table by your self (until they notice your not doing it right & help out) Served with 3 little salad portions with dipping sauce very tasty & left a lovely taste. Then we where blown away with dessert right out of left field cheese cake my wife being a big fan & myself not into dessert at all but still tried it what a lovely cake it was very light with a lovely pastry, to my wife's horror she thought I would eat it all lucky it was her Anniversary & I'm a nice guy lol ( the cake is made in house). In summary We will be back With a bottle of wine & coffee it cost $138 money well spent on a Yummy Lunch Thanks to the staff for the good service.

• Visited June 2012
Western Australia
“Second visit and just as delicious!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

We have just got back from our second meal at Shilla and again the food was delicious, beautifully presented, hot, tasty and plenty in the seafood hotpot for two people. We also had the espresso tiramisu (1 portion) and date honey tea (1 portion) and for $36 pp it was good value. We had the BBQ the first visit which was equally tasty. We will definitely make this a regular haunt.