“Pleasantly Surprised”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Perth CBD
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten a lot of good Thai food including at the high end in Thailand and Oz and Nahm is up there with the best experiences.

The downside of eating solo here was I only tried one dish but the upside is I was welcomed as a lone diner , allowed to drink my byo wine (allowed mon and tues only I think) and that crispy skin barramundi with bok choy and other veg was a complete and delicious meal in itself- thanks to the waiter, an Irish fellow I think for suggesting it.

Cosy atmosphere but can't vouch for when it's busy and crowded - overall impressive enough for me to bother posting this review

“Contemporary Thai”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I had an interesting and delicious meal with friends here. The food is contemporary and the presentation is excellent.

“Not up to the Hype”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Food was very good, however they lost our booking. They managed to squeeze us in, however then they were in a hurry to clear our table. Mains arrived whilst still eating the entrees, flavours great but not a good experience

Visited April 2012
“Huge Disappointment!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We decided to visit Nahm Thai last night and after being told that it was a $75 banquest (pp) were were excited and ready for a nice night out. We were seated and the wait staff were keen to take our order. I think we were asked by 3 people in the space of about 4 minutes if we were ready! I don't know whether it was the really dim lighting that started to confuse the waitstaff but the wrong meals kept going out to different tables. The head waiter did try and correct this by telling them all off whilst standing right behind our table.

Our first meal arrived and was a delicious beef salad but then things went down hill. It seemed as if our table became a banked up conveyer belt of food. We didn't get a chance to finish one dish before the next was sitting on our table (getting cold!). When you are paying $75 for your food you expect to go out and have a relaxing dining experience and not feel like you are at a fast food joint where someone else needs your table! Feeling slightly ill from eating so much so quickly we asked if we could delay the desert. The waiter said he could do this but for only up to 10 minutes but that would only be if the chef hadn't already prepared the desert.

Did we enjoy the food??? I'm not sure. It all came out so fast that it blurred into one big dish. I feel ill thinking about it.

We were in and out the door in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. We could have spent half as much and gone to one of the other really good Thai restaurants in Perth. When we mentioned to the cashier that it was just too rushed he laughed. Hmmmmm.... Weird? Pardon the pun but we wouldn't be rushing back!!!

• Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Flavours Showing its Emotions”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

That's the best way to describe this restaurant. I made it one night when we decided to make it in the last minute. We were lucky to get a table but we got it. The place is in an Area that I don't go so ofter as it is not trendy, however after discovering Nahm Thai I will be there more often.

I live between Thailand and Australia but my home base is Australia at the moment (Perth). I travelled all over the world from Americas from South to North, Europe North, East, West and South, Africa (West and South), Australia, Asia Pacific and Thailand of course I know each corner of it. Even though, my partner is Sous Chef of a Thai Restaurant as well but ... we never tried anything so delicious in our lives. We went with the intention to try Entree and Main but we ended up trying almost all menu and I have to say that every single dish is unique and the combination of flavours was so perfect that even made me feel emotional.

It is clear that the Executive Chef and his Team is wonderful and are making of this restaurant a jewel in Perth. I will of course go there again as the food is the best Thai Food I ever got in my life (sorry for my partner and his mother)!

Please note that the place isn't so big and the audience is more a relaxed a quiet one. If you are a noisy person is not your place. Also dress smart casual as the place has it's own elegance.

Thanks once again Executive Chef and Team so I will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2012