“If I could rate this place a 0 in all categories I would! The most miserable experience I could imagine for a dining establishm”
Review of The Black Pearl - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Black Pearl
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Our booking was at 8. We showed up to rude service straight away as we were "last booking" apparently. The service was horrible. The bruschetta was onion on stale bread. The mains had not taste at all...chicken caesar and prawn/ scallop linquinie. They shut the music off after the last table left (before us). We were rushed out while the manager was chastising her staff and stacking chairs and moving tables indoors...I was afraid she would take our table from us while we were sittiing there! We asked for the bill with a half bottle of wine in front of us...apparently, they were so "busy" the server said we had to go up to the rude manager to pay...the look I gave may have changed her mind as she brought the bill to our table. In summary, I can't believe this place would ever be recommended by anyone.

2  Thank ktcoope
There are newer reviews for The Black Pearl

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Worst experience at a restaurant in Broome.. Staff were rude, they did not want to be there and it showed.. Food was expensive and very ordinary.. Never would I eat there again.

1  Thank Swooser
Reviewed June 12, 2011

First night in Broome and we noticed the $15 pasta night sign at the Black Pearl, so decided to give it a try.

A pleasant Broome night so we sat outside. It was early, so the meal came out promptly. Both meal choices turned out to be very good. Adequate wine choices by the glass were reasonably priced.

We were asked several times how are meal was going and did we want anything extra. We found the staff attentive and even provided insect repellant for sitting outside, when asked. When I checked previous reviews, I was surprised to read some of the comments about service levels.

We had an enjoyable night.

1  Thank chooksta
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Just got 2 takeaways from Black Pearl.. At $15.00 each would expect more then half a container. Tasted nice but to much ham and not enough pasta. Still hungry going for pizza... That was the biggest rip off ever. Complaining to the owner never got us anywhere he just made excuses.

1  Thank ozylady_2
Reviewed May 10, 2011

tried Black Pearl once only.
found it pretentious and overpriced.
salad was gritty, batter on fish was non-existant.
overpriced, even for Broome.

1  Thank islandboy88