“The view is the best part”
Review of Zanders

Zanders
Ranked #24 of 73 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Brisbane, Australia
“The view is the best part”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We dined at Zander's for lunch on Saturday, drawn in from the amazing view over Cable Beach. The meals were good value for money and enjoyable, yet nothing special. However, the service was lacking majorly! having to wait 5 minutes to be seated and again to pay. Furthermore, the waitress had no menu knowledge and later when ordering water from their take away kiosk outside the same waitress took over 10 minutes to come over and serve the line of customers waiting. After speaking to locals and others on the camel tour that afternoon, this level of service is unfortunately very common at Zander's. A shame because the location is great! My recommendation is to only visit for a cocktail and then pop over to the Sunset Bar and Grill next door for fantastic service and much better food and value for money!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank nicola3491

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Average at best food but amazing view”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This restaurant is on cable beach so the view is amazing . We went here for dinner and there were crickets everywhere landing on my head, arm and table. The food is reasonable expensive and very average. I ordered the linguine and it was very watery and my husband ordered the chicken parmigiana which was super peppery.

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Ordinary food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Currently on holidays in Broome and went to this restaurant on the recommendation of the resort manager however I was really disappointed!
I dine out frequently so I know good from bad however I was not impressed with this restaurant at all. To begin with the cocktail I ordered did not look anything like the advertised picture. I ordered fish and chips which I absolutely love (especially when it is barri) however it was so thickly battered that it was horrible. I expected a place that is big on fishing to have really great seafood. I complained about the cocktail only to be told we can't make the cocktail look that way! I will not go there again nor recommend this restaurant to anyone

• Visited June 2014
Perth, Australia
“waited over one hour to be served!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were a group of 10 and booked the day before but because the phone wasn't answered, a friend had to physically go into the restaurant to make the booking!! This was just the start! We arrived on time, were seated and then we waited for 45 minutes until a waiter could take our drinks order!!! Then it took about 20 minutes for our drinks to arrive!! From the moment we walked in the door to when our meals were placed in front of us it was 90 minutes!! During this time we were only served one drink order! A couple of the choices were sold out, such as the specials!!! Never again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank BellevueMuriel
Koondrook, Australia
“Great place to watch the sunset”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Zanders is set in an ideal place to have a drink, coffee or a full meal while watching the sun set over the beautiful Cable Beach. Nice open area with plenty of seating or sit on the big grassed area out the front.

Visited June 2014