“Great place to watch the sunset”
Review of Zanders

Zanders
Ranked #23 of 75 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Recently had dinner here and watched the sunset. Between three of us we had -

Parmesan Bread - Really nice though very cheesy
Lemon Pepper Calamari (entree sized) - Lovely but the serving was HUGE. Could have done with abit more salad and it would have been main meal sized in my opinion
Kids Fish and Chips - Small serving for my 5yo and weirdly served with tartare sauce (would have preferred good old tomato for a kid). Fish was nice though
Chicken Parmigiana - HUGE serving, but was very much enjoyed
Surf and Turf - Steak was cooked just right towards the edges but the centre was still mooing (I ordered medium rare and it was too rare in the middle for me). Disappointed that for $43 it came with only two prawns. The steak was rather thick and large though and I personally would have preferred a smaller steak and more prawns.

Got stung $9.50 for a Matso's Ginger Beer stubby which I thought was abit over the top considering Matso's sells them for $8 (on tap though). My child's pineapple juice was $4.70 (from memory) which I also though was a tad pricey.

Overall it was a good meal with the only disappointment being with my lack of prawns and still mooing steak. Bill all up was $146 (for all the meals 2x Ginger Beer stubby's, 2x light beers and 1 juice).

Its a nice setting but would probably try out the Cable Beach Resort Sunset Bar before returning here again to watch the sunset.

There are newer reviews for Zanders

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Very expensive. They do not do good steak!! But the seafood there is nice. Nice spot though, beautiful view of the water. Pretty average food for the amount paid. Much nicer places around to eat. Was disappointed as I had heard very good things!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

A sunset walk on Cable Beach came to a very successful conclusion with dinner at Zanders on a windy night in spring (do you even have spring in Broome?). The decor is pretty basic, with cement floor & open plan seating, which we found somewhat chilly & decidedly gusty, even further into the restaurant.
Service was satisfactory rather than brilliant. We sipped on a cocktail each and shared a crocodile salad entree, which we did enjoy. Our main courses of duck & pork belly were very good, so no complaints on any score really, and the location certainly is something else.
A good place to eat, just nothing to rave about from our point of view, but I would recommend it if you're not looking for something quiet, cosy & romantic.

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Could not book as do not take bookings for less than ten people, easy to get a table. Really great sunset views.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had lunch here prior to going on a camel ride along Cable Beach. The food was delicious, the staff were friendly and efficient and the whole experience was rather pleasant. So much so that we decided to go back there for sundowners after the camel ride. Plus, the camel ride company we chose also gave us vouchers for a 2-4-1 cocktail...needless to say we didn't stop at one! Watching the sunset over the water with a cocktail in hand? Priceless! ;-)