“Great fun”

$20.17*
1-Hour Pearl Luggers Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover how the rare and beautiful Australian South Sea Cultured Pearl is produced at the Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Our knowledgeable guides will reveal the intricate processes of today’s modern cultured pearling industry – from the seeding of an oyster to the harvesting and grading of a pearl, right through to the final stunning product on display in the showroom. The Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour is Western Australia's most awarded tour and welcomes many thousands of visitors each year. Located 38km out of Broome, Western Australia, Willie Creek Pearl Farm is a destination worth visiting. In 2010, Willie Creek Pearls won the coveted Sir David Brand Award for Tourism for the second time recognising outstanding achievement in the Western Australian Tourism industry. Transport to Willie Creek Pearl Farm is available by coach with bus pickup from your accommodation, self-drive or helicopter. Book your spot today!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We got picked up by Gary in the morning from Broome. He was very informative. The tour guide Daniel welcomed us at the farm. He was witty, knowledgable and very entertaining. It wouldn't be the same without him. Great experience. Highly recommend it!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Interesting but Overrated and overpriced.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

First, the lovely driver Gary picked us up at the hotel and it was nice he filled us in with a bit history of the place on the way to the farm. On arrival we first got to watch gazebo demonstration about culturing pearl, which was very interesting and informative. Before the second half of demonstration about cleaning the shell, we had lunch break next to the dock. I was not very impressed at the lunch tho. Maybe due to the fact I read the review that says how wonderful it was, and I expected more than what I got. The boating demonstration was ok simply because there wasn't much to see. Maybe this was why our poor host had to do it like a comedy show. He was a good host but for the money I spent on the tour, I think this was overpriced.

Hathern
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great little trip”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The drive here from Broome was interesting before we even started. The talk about the pearl industry was informative and quite entertaining. But the boat trip was the crowning glory of the visit, great fun.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This tour has it all!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

If you love pearls, this tour is a destination. It has it all. It was entertaining, educational, and a pleasant retail experience. The ride to the farm was an adventure itself, thoroughly enjoyed the pearl presentation, the tea and damper were a nice bonus, and the boat ride was a mini cruise. My husband enjoyed the helicopter ride while I selected my pearl pendant without interference. The pearl experience IS Broome, so a visit would be incomplete without a visit to Willies Pearl Farm. Btw, there's no hard sell and there are pearl options for all pocket books.

Bunbury, Australia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Appreciation for such beauty”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We hired a helicopter and flew out to see this place. We found a beautiful location with helpful friendly staff. The tour we did was an informative one, explaining the farming of pearls and all you needed to know about them. The guide was a cheeky Irish fella and held the crowd like a comedian. He was not only funny but entertaining and made the tour very enjoyable. We had a lovely afternoon tea, which as a gluten intolerant person, I had no problems in getting my own special service. We boarded a boat and visited the Oysters being farmed in the river as well as taking a trip to visit the local bird life as well. The guide was an experienced seaman with loads of facts and knowledge. We then had time to view and or purchase some of these, to die for pearls. After all this, we flew back to Broome in our chopper. A definite must to see and I know I for one walked away with a huge appreciation for my pearl collection sitting in my jewellery box at home. A big thanks to the staff at Willie Creek.