“Staircase to the moon was awesome, but terrible service..”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Charters Restaurant - CLOSED

Charters Restaurant
Cuisines: Australian
“Staircase to the moon was awesome, but terrible service..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

we booked a table for dinner at the mangrove hotel, we were told this was the best place to view the staircase to the moon, on arrival we were given a great table with lovely view, this was at 7pm by 7.20 I had only just got our drinks the line was quite long, the bar outside only took cash but the eftpos machine was out of order. So I went to the bar inside there was no beer on tap only stubbies. We then had a look at the menu and went to order, as my partner is in a wheelchair I had to get both the drinks and food, so I stood in line, there was about 14 people in front of me by 7.38 i was still waiting with a few people in front ,the staircase was about to start at 7.43 so not wanting to miss it I went to watch the staircase which was great. By 8pm it was all over so I went to order our meal only to be told they had shut the kitchen, the guy behind the bar said there was an hour and a half wait for food, the service at this hotel is severely lacking..I realise there were at lot of people there , but this event comes as no surprise they know exactly what dates are going to be busy and should have the staff to reflect this.. When I booked for dinner I was told the kitchen was open until 9 , it was bad enough trying to get drinks but then to be told we could not order food and the total lack of interest by the staff was very upsetting, as I said my partner is in a wheelchair and we had to rely on taxis so it was not easy just going somewhere else, the next day I emailed the hotel to complain and they have not even responded. It was great seeing the staircase especially with the didgeridoo in the back ground but don't expect any service because there is none. I have since heard similar story's from other people so obviously it was not an isolated case.

1 Thank Marieelain

Broome, Australia
“Avoid food and restaurant at all costs! Oh, and not to mention the bat!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Lets start with the positives for Friday night drinks and dinner in the off season. The music was awesome; the view is stunning. That's it!
Then we go to the negatives.
The service - it doesn't exist! The staff behind the bar we're more interested in having a friendly chat between themselves whilst polishing the glasses to infinity,
The food - the only time in my life that a Chicken Caesar Salad came with 2 pieces of chicken leather & no dressing, unless you count the water on the limp lettuce! And don't ask about the burnt offerings on the bottom of the bowl which I think was the bacon.
No apology but a [--] comment about the salad being dressed now!
If you're offered an alternative dinner venue - TAKE IT!!!