“Beautiful Beakfast”

Shady Lane Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Broome
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A friendly cafe situated in the outdoors in Broome.Open 0700 hrs 7 days for an all day breakfast and for lunch and during the week remaining open for afternoon teas. The only table service cafe in Chinatown. Daily Specials and fresh salad choices.We take pride in the fact we are not a fast food outlet with pre cooked bain marie type produce. During busy days delays may be experienced as all food is cooked once orders are received.
Broome, Australia
“Beautiful Beakfast”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have been here a few times and thoroughly enjoy there breakfast menu with the fresh juice shop next door providing the drinks. Awesome food and lovely venue.
However the service is quite slack. Staff are very friendly but walk around like zombies not caring about taking orders from patrons. While we waited a hour for breaky we watched two couples come AND go after waiting for half an hour for service. we even told the staff about one couple and they still choose not to serve them.. Mmmmm feed me brains...... Oh.. and they forget our second cup of coffee.. twice.. Braaainnns

“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited on the morning of the Broome Cup. When we arrived the cafe was humming but it wasn't FULL. We ordered coffee and food quite quickly and the WAIT began. 30 minutes until our luke warm coffee arrived... Finished in one gulp. Another hour (after three enquiries) our breakfast arrived. Poached eggs looked nice but were cold. Other food was ok. Most DISAPPOINTING was the SMARMY UNAPOLOGETIC ATTITUDE OF THE PERSON IN CHARGE... Won't be recommending this cafe to friends or enemies.

• Visited August 2013
ShadyLaneCafe, Owner at Shady Lane Cafe, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Phojam I am disappointed that you weren't happy with the level of service at my café. As much as we try to please everyone in your case it obviously wasn't possible in this instance and for that I am truly sorry as I personally want everyone to walk away with a good dining experience. Both the floor manager and the café manager are extremely upset that you considered their attitude "Smarmy" as both have a long hospitality industry background and as hospitality professionals neither have had this sort of accusation levelled at them previously. I am told and from my forensic audit of the till tapes we were extremely busy from 0800 hrs until the early closing at 1300 hrs being our busiest day of the year. We did have two tables that requested expediting of their orders due to hair appointments and also one gentleman who considered a 19 minute wait for two omelettes far too long but from what I can see there was no order that took an hour and a half to fill which makes your "experience" even more interesting
“Fantastic :)”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went up to broome last weekend, we went for breakfast at shady lane, it was great! I had the omelette and would highly recommend it, it was delicious. The atmosphere is laid back, the staff were friendly and the meals came out quickly. Great spot! :)

“Best cafe in town!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great spot in the centre of town which serves the best coffee and fresh juices! Staff are friendly and food is exceptional! Try the Nasi Goreng - have never had one better than theirs!

Perth, Australia
“amazing smoothies and surreal ambience to set your day up for amazing broome”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My first morning in back in Broome and I'm not dissapointed with this beautiful cafe.. I had a banana smoothie so delicious and fresh,our eggs and bacon just superb and the staff ever helpful and attentive. I drift away into relaxation mode here .. the cafe boasts a soundtrack and ambience that just sets you up for the day..