“Awful”
Review of Zoo Bar and Cafe - CLOSED

Zoo Bar and Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Zoo bar and Cafe combines the Old Zoo Cafe and Zeebar into one building. This provides an awesome atmosphere whether you want relaxed dinning out on the deck or Tapas and live music in the bar area. We are open from 7am to 12pm Monday to Saturday and 7am till 10pm on Sundays. We offer Breakfast from 7am to 12pm every day. Lunch from 12pm till 5:30pm and Dinner from 5:30pm till late dialy. Tapas are available from the bar 3pm till 12pm on weekdays and 12pm till close on weekends. There is live Music every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night.Mondays: Mad Mondays, half price TapasTuesdays: Trivia TuesdaysWednesdays: Members night with live music from 6:30pmThursdays: $12 Pizza NightFridays: After work drinks with Live Music from 9pm Saturdays: Ladies Night, $10 Cocktails in the barSundays: Cider Sundays!
Reviewed October 4, 2013

First the good: nice atmosphere. That's where it ends. It started with drinks. We asked for two lemon lime and bitters. Waitress disappeared then returned to inform us they had no lemonade. We were offered lime bitters and soda which sounded a bit weird. Which it turned out to be. The children decided that they didn't really like their pasta choice. When I sampled it I was surprised that they'd got through quite as much as they had. It was tasteless and the meat was tough. The adults each ordered the vegetarian dish. It arrived lukewarm. One dish had suffered a seizure during preparation; the other was reasonably presented. The cleverest thing about the dish though was how they had managed to dissolve quite so much salt into the sauce. This broth completely defied the accepted chemistry of supersaturated solutions. Waitress asked if she could take our plates while I was still eating. Maybe she secretly knew that I was fearing sodium chloride poisoning and was offering me a way out. For the pleasure of this dining experience we were charged just over $100. Oh, and, yes, the lemon lime and sodas that we didn't want in the first place were charged at full price. I waited for the customary "And how was everything?" as I paid but that never arrived. And so instead of being given the opportunity of having my say then and there I'm typing this now. Except I have to now stop to go and drink another litre of water.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Service was friendly, but really, really slow with not many customers. Food had good flavour but was overpriced for what it was. Had the Laska and definitely was NOT anywhere near Laska, more like a thick creamy red curry sauce, saying that it was nice flavours but should not be called laska. Nice venue, clean and cool on a hot day. Family friendly

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Lovely place for dinner of just drinks, the food was very nice and the staff friendly and knowledgable about their food. Like most restaurants in Broome it is quite pricey.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

met a guy named Charlie who suggested dropping by and he was dead set right. A great bar, great atmosphere. We had a good time.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent food with a great range of choices. Service was very good. Great venue with indoor & outdoor seating to make the most of the beautiful Broome evenings. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.