“A Broome Gem!”
Review of Kimberley Aviation - CLOSED

Kimberley Aviation
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Kimberley Aviation... Your ticket to spectacular coastlines, striking rugged landscapes and colourful characters. Wonder at the natural phenomenon of the Horizontal Falls from the air, discover the stunning thousand islands of the Buccaneer Archipelago and explore the striking red cliffs of Cape Leveque. Historical Cygnet Bay Pearl Farm and their amazing Giant Tides fast boat ride is a must do, and the famous Bungle Bungles, Mitchell Falls and King's Cascade are iconic landmarks that should not be missed. Hear about Jandamarra and his powerful story at stunning Windjana Gorge, experience a traditional smoking ceremony at fascinating Tunnel Creek and learn about the longest continuous culture in the world! Sound a little fantastic and out of the ordinary? Well, it is!
Perth, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Broome Gem!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

On 3rd January, 2013 I was fortunate enough to experience a 1/2 day scenic flight with Kimberley Aviation. I have been to Broome many times but this was definitely my best experience yet. From the moment you're collected from your Hotel to the moment you're dropped off, you're treated to a professional, courteous, fun and informative time. The young guys who drive the bus and Pilot the plane are outstanding. Our pilot was a young man named Ralph and he has restored my faith in the younger generation. What a nice, competent, respectful and delightful guide he was. He constantly kept us informed of what was happening with the plane, why it was happening, where we were, what we could expect to see/feel....all the while keeping up a witty and informative dialogue of the region. He was 19 years old! I felt like I was in the safest and best of hands and truly had one of the best days of my life. Included in our flight was a sky view of the Horizontal Falls so I also got to tick that experience off my 'bucket list'. I can't recommend this company highly enough. They're a 'must do' on your next trip to Broome. The best money I've spent in a long time. Thank you Ralph and Kimberley Aviation Team! Regards, Shona Enderby

Visited January 2014
2 Thank ShonaKym

Nuriootpa, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Giant Tides- Air Safari”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic way to see WA. The staff of Kimberley Aviation were second to none. We absolutely loved our day adventure and would highly recommend this trip to anyone. It is value for money as you travel via a plane and boat to see around. The food and company on the day were great as well. Pearl farm tour was interesting and it was good to see the natural phenomenon that exist in this region. Our pilot Ralph was outstanding. Highly professional, but cheeky and fun. He made our day relaxing and was very knowledgable about the places we saw and visited.

2 Thank Buttons2Buttons
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Must do while in Broome!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Kimberley Aviation team, on the ground and in the air, are brilliant. They are friendly, helpful, knowledgable and passionate about what they do. Their trips are great with an excellent choice! Your only problem will be choosing which trip/s to do!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Elizabeth_aka_ERM
Sydney, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Unique and highly memorable”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

There are several different scenic flight providers in the region and, as an outsider, i found it hard to get a fix on which one would be best. After much online research i decided to go with Kimberley Aviation. If i recall correctly, the main reason we went with Kimberley was because it seemed like it would give us a more personalised and less 'high-throughput' experience compared with some of the other companies.

In any case, i'm delighted i went with Kimberley. There were 20 or so people on the tour but we were divided into groups and allocated to one of 4 aircraft and pilots. In this way, everyone had a window seat and was able to develop a relaxed and personalised relationship with their own pilot. This really enhanced the whole experience.

The tour itself was simply magnificent. We saw so many things from horizontal falls, the Buccaneer Archipelago, Cape Leveque, Cygnet Bay (including the pearl farm), beagle bay church and more. We stopped off at a 'deserted' beach for a beautiful swim - the pilots seem to love their job as they jump in the water with us all to cool off. The trip back involved descending to an altitude where we could see dozens of whales traveling along the coast and i'm pretty sure i spotted two beautiful manta rays as well (although i can't be certain).

The pearl farm tour was a first for me and i found it interesting and educational. I especially enjoyed the boat trip on the tidal flows (what an exhilarating experience) but the pearl appreciation lesson was novel and stimulating too.

The boss was there to greet us on departure and, at the end of the day when we arrived back. She is clearly very committed to the business and to ensuring that customers have/have had an incredible time. After the trip we inquired about other possible charters and the owner seemed very flexible and accommodating although, for time reasons, we had to move on and didn't end up going on another charter flight.

In my mind, this tour company is gold standard. While i can't comment on what the other companies are like, my experience with Kimbereley Aviation surpassed my expectations and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this business to anyone.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank sierrajuliette
Melbourne, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Fantastic flight even in wet season!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We joined the wet season tour no 1, which is a half day tour. Everyone gets a window seat, we saw water moving at Horizontal Waterfalls, the pilot took 2 turns so that all of us get the full experience. Cape Levelque was a "private beach" for us when we enjoyed the swim, no seaweed, warm beautiful water. The view was just amazing all the time, wanted to keep flying longer. Not to be missed, highlight for Broome together with the camel ride.

Visited December 2013