“Sadly this restaurant has closed its doors”
Review of Fat Tree Cafe - CLOSED

Fat Tree Cafe
Cuisines: International
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This little restaurant was IMO in a terrible spot. The views, while there, are obstructed by a gravel 'carpark' and not that pleasant.

On the other hand the food was always nice and plentiful and served with a smile.
Hopefully the owners open up again in a better location.
The oysters were great!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

had the vego breakfast with bacon and a cappuccino and couldnt eat and drink it fast enough! Value is same as anywhere in Broome really but at least there was effort put in to my breakfast and you dont mind paying for that when you get quality!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Just finished eating breakfast and have to say it was great value, good service and yummy. Fat Tree is well worth a visit they do a $10.00 breakie of eggs/bacon, half a tomato and two slices of toast. Also finally got a hot cup of coffee in Broome. Other food going out looked equally good, mango smoothies, waffles, full breakfast. If you are visiting Broome you should definately check this out and if your a local then you are very lucky. The waiter was very friendly and service was spot on, cold water delivered to the table within minutes of ordering. The head waiter told us that they were closing this friday 21 December so do yourself a favour and get there before friday. Well done, we will be back to try out the lunch special - fish and chips with a glass of wine for $22.00 (lunch finishes at 2pm). It has an indoor area and an outdoor area, and a view of the bay. the cafe is close to the oaks hotel and on the way to the town beach area.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place used to be the Black Pearl and on first look they haven't changed the menu at all. We went for sunday breakfast, there is a lovely outside eating area but in the wet season it might get a bit too hot to sit out there. We had bog standard breakfasts, my partner loved his but I found the scrambled eggs too wet and running, very creamy and the bacon too crispy for my liking. There is a 15 dollar pasta night on tuesday and thursday which I would like to check out. Lovely staff and good service will return again next year in the dry season and give them a second go once they've settled in a bit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I took my family here after noticing it tucked away for lunch,
It was lovely spot, clean and service was fast and helpful.
The meals are a good size and the pricing was reasonable.

We liked it so much we booked to have dinner for the Staircase of the moon 1st Oct.
When we went back for dinner a few days later, for the Staircase of the Moon our reservation didn't seem to be noted, but we still got a table.

I was told we could see this phenomenon from the balcony of the cafe by the manager, but unfortunately this is not true, Well not on the 1st Oct 2012, yes you can see the moon but not the effect of the water. Maybe in earlier months you could see this but not in October.
Which was greatly disappointing. When i realized it was happening but we couldn't see, it was too late to run over and take photos, even though my partner tried his best,
We were flying out the next day so it was a lost chance.

As far as the meals go, they were a good price and everyone enjoyed there meals.
Depending on the staff and who serves you at the time would depend on the service level.
I felt we had better service for Lunch than we did for the Dinner.

If i didn't come back for dinner i would have given the Fat Tree a Very Good to Excellent rating, But because i saw there dinner time service it was dropped back to Average.

1  Thank ALadyDragon