“Great stay!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just checked out at 9.50am from Mercure Broome Australia. Keys stopped working lifts & gates well before 10am checkout time. Defiantly a health and safety issue for anyone with a disability! Place is tired & staff are nice but not really interested in good old fashioned service. No soap in toilets, rooms not cleaned properly, rubbish sat in room
for 3 days. Look elsewhere if your coming to visit Broome. Overall experience of Mercure Broome is shabby.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Steve1717

Hi Steve1717,
I am very disapointed to hear about your stay at the Mercure Broome. I'm not sure why the keys to your room would have stopped working, as they are default to stop at 12noon on day of departure. Thank you for letting us know so we can ensure something hasn't gone astray with our system. I will also speak to housekeeping regarding your feedback on cleanliness, as this is certainly not the standard to which we should be operating.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay, and if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Comfortable enough but location not ideal unless you are happy to get on a scooter to get yourself around. Saying that, Matso's Brewery is just across the road serving a mean lager and a great plate of food.
Rooms are clean, roomy but a little tired in the bathrooms. A handy bottle store is part of the hotel (never have to run out of coldies) and the staff try their best. Pool area is good and I think it's worth a good 3.5 stars and the $200+ you may spend per night in a Deluxe Room.

Room Tip: Suggest you spend the extra $50 and get a Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Yahava,

thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Mercure Broome. I'm glad you enjoyed Matso's as much as we do! We are very lucky to be located just by them as it is a fantastic place to spend the afternoon.

I was also happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Broome.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was like my grandmothers bed and I don't mean the one John Denver sang about. It sags in the middle and must be 20 years old. The mattress is covered by linen that I would throw away if it was in my house. The up side is that there are not to many stains and it does not smell. We have yet to sleep on it so cannot comment on whether the sag will enhance our relationship.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim R
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Kim R,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your bed. This is certainly not the bed we would like to have our guests staying in, so I will be getting housekeeping to check all of our beds. If you would like to contact me directly to let me know your room number, and also any other feedback you have I would be happy to hear from you. My direct email is patina.farnham@accor.com, or you can call the hotel on 08 9195 5900.

I am sorry to hear your feedback, but I do appreciate you letting us know so we can rectify the issue and prevent another guest from having the same concerns.

General Mananger

Reviewed August 18, 2013

7:32pm

Stayed here for a few weeks and it felt like home. The staff are great and look after you. Gardens are well maintained and it is very relaxing by the pool. Will definitely return here again. Patina and her staff take care of everyone and the staff want to know your story

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Alex K,

thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. I will ensure all staff are aware of your feedback as I know it will motivate them to continue their great work.

We look forward to having you back at the Mercure Broome, and hearing more stories!

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Nice room, facilities highly accessible. Unfortunate no free Wifi in the rooms. Restaurant looks a bit like a cafeteria rather than a restaurant. Food ok, over priced. Breakfast was nice, plentiful. Cafeteria look was fine for a breakfast.
Staff were friendly however I felt they were a bit thin on the ground.
I stayed here for a business trip, so I didn't have time to use all the facilities.
I did have trouble with gate keys, taking the car in and out, parking was limited, I parked mostly out of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Patina F, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear SuperSamPerth,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Broome. I was pleased to see that overall you did enjoy your stay. I will have the team take a look at the car park gates to see if there is a way we can make them easier to use, and possibly quicker. We are also working on some plants, lighting and furniture changes in the restaurant to create a more ambient atmosphere for dinner.

Thank you again for your feedback, as it is feedback such as this that will allow us to continually improve our product.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Broome in the future.