We stayed here for 3 nights in June 2013. Upon arrival we were told we had been upgraded, so we were pleased.....at that moment. The room I had paid extra for was a Pool Side privilege room, which was meant to have free internet, minibar, choc and of course a pool view.....We got none of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The so called upgrade was facing the park with no view of the pool at all. We asked reception how this is an upgrade and showed them the picture from the internet of the room I paid for....which was the most expensive on their website..... yet it fell on deaf ears.
The room we got was nice inside but it was not the one I paid for. We felt ripped off!!! Breakfast at $25 each was poor. Refills of the food and drink didn't happen, we got to the breakfast room with 50 minutes until close, so there was plenty of time left. The juices were empty and the food was looking poorly presented and very empty.
The location is ok, a 15min walk to the town, Matso's across the street and Town beach 10 mins walk the other way. Bus stop is just outside to the leftside of the hotel if you are facing the entrance.
As we checked out, we heard the reception staff checking someone in and we heard them say to the new guest........I've upgraded you. The same old story we got....yeah yeah of course you did.
Do yourself a favour, spend a bit more and go nearer cable beach. We stayed here as it was all I could get. The better hotels were full.
It seems another reviewer before me on tripadvisor has stated a similar thing to me about the so called upgrade!!! Must be their special upgrade with actually means downgrade!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Inn Continental Broome is set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, Just walking distance from the heart of Broome, and only 10 minute drive from the spectacular pristine white sands of Cable Beach, making the Mercure Inn Continental Broome the ideal location to explore Broome and it’s surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Broome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Broome Hotel Broome
- Mercure Hotel Continental Broome
- Accor Hotel Continental Broome