Mercure Broome
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
$180
  • Pool
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$219
$131
  • Pool
Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$270
$219
Moonlight Bay Suites(Broome)(Great Value!)
$203
$172
Agoda.com
$365
$275
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Blue Seas Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$182
$177
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$164
$145
Travelocity
Mangrove Hotel(Broome)(Great Value!)
$224
$176
Broome Time Accommodation(Broome)(Great Value!)
$113
$108
Travelocity
$261
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsirish pubmurphy's barroebuck baytown beachsecure parkingmatso's brewerycable beachkey cardbottle shopbusiness tripwould stay here againthe ground flooracross the roadclose to townpoolsaccommodationchinatown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Mercure in Broome. Having checked out the website we did not expect too much. The furniture looked recently updated, the bed was comfortable. However the floor was in urgent need of a wet mop, piles of dust between the furniture and plastic wrappers and an old fruitgum were located underneath. The bathroom was suitable for wheelchair access. The showerhead was not working properly. The tiles had been painted over had started to crack and peel. The bathroom bin was a large kitchen bin without the swinging lid. No toilet brush provided.
The main pool is surprisingly big and you can actually swim laps. Unfortunately the pump was brocken for three days out of the four we were staying and I did not swim there again after I found a panty liner swimming in the water. It stayed there for another day....Also the pool towels which were left by other guest were not removed every day. The breakfast room / restaurant has the charm of a station waiting room.The location is great, however. It's quite central to the old part of town and the proximity to "Matso's" is a very big plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karin g
Geoffrey N, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear “karin g”
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Broome. It is always a pleasure to feedback.
As you mention our pool pump did fail, we did however bring in a portable unit and ensure that the pool was swept daily, it would appear that we missed something. Had this been brought to our attention I can assure you that we would have rectified the issue immediately.
I have also addressed your concerns with our housekeeping team and will follow up on this regularly.

Regards

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Don't do it, don't book here. Broome has much to offer but it's not here. The staff are backpackers who are open about their desire to leave. As is everyone else by the end of their first night! The restaurant is terrible, food is over cooked and over priced. We have stayed and eaten here a number of times and it never gets better.
We booked early (several months in advance) only to be disappointed by much cheaper prices closer to the booking, and then to be put in a run down room! There is limited light in the bathroom (a dark shower), the TV remote doesn't work and the pillows are flat, flat, flat. Should have stayed somewhere else - never here again.What a shocker.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here, try the Cable Beach area. If you must stay here, ask to be put in the newer wing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica A
Geoffrey N, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Jessica A

Thank you for your feedback.
I am very disappointed to read about your experience.
The vast majority of the feedback we get about our restaurant and food is very positive.
From your comments I assume that you stayed for more than one night, I was wondering if at any stage you raised any of your issues with the front office or management team?
I would be more than happy for you to contact me about these issues as I can assure that they are things I would like to resolve.
geoffrey.nocher@accor.com

Again thank you for your feedback.

Geoffrey

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Never will I stay at the Mercure Broome again.
I travelled to Broome for business and what an ordeal it was to stay at this hotel.

Firstly the hotel was overrun by drunken natives who were up all hours drinking and being extremely loud, swearing and fighting with each other.

When they were finally asked to leave by hotel staff, they simply jumped the fence and continued partying and brought in more alcohol. I had a drunken woman bash at my door yelling and screaming to be let in.

The staff were very hard to get in contact with when I made my complaints, and it seems they simply just allowed the above go on.

I was happy to leave this hotel and get a good nights sleep elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IamSmitten
Geoffrey N, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear "Iamsmitten"

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Broome. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed in a few Mecure with the Accor Advantage Plus card and found the hotel to be nice and well presented, but then find that the mattress on the bed is bad. I am getting a bit sicl paying for the nice hotel when the main thing about the motel is a good nights sleep, this is easier achieved if the bed is comfortable.

Why can't hotels buy a large number of mattresses at a discounted rate and pay them off over a period of time?

I have told some of the management, but they seem not that interested. So if yo uwant to improve your service that you praise to be the best, I suggest that you look at the quality of your bedding.

Nick O'Connor

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Geoffrey N, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Mercure would like to thank you for your feedback.

We are disapointed to hear that you did not have a comfortable nights sleep as we have recently replaced the mattresses in the hotel.

Once again we thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were disappointed with this hotel. The first room we got was basic but the bathroom was filthy, could not have dreamt of having a bath in there. We were moved, amicably I must say, to a better room but the water from the shower flowed out into the bathroom. No safe. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are disapointed to hear that your stay recently was not up to your standard and appreciate your feedback on you stay. we are currently in the process of refurbishing the hotel rooms which unfortunately is a timely process.

Again we thank you for your feedback