Nice quiet hotel along Roebuck Bay (mangrove side).The new section is, well, new. The older section where we were has seen better days externally. Could do with some revamp. Inside the room has been fully refurbished, but the bathroom has only been partly refurbished, and it looks old. Several cracked tiles around the pool, old fashioned.
The Conti "bistro" restaurant is average: plastic chairs and table and basic menu in the evening, nothing fancy. The breakfast is much better.As for the room service, it's good value for money: good serves and very tasty.++
But most of the staff is very helpful; the food and beverage manager and his assistant are excellent. Same with Eve, the front desk person, very kind. Clientele is mostly quiet couples of older age. not too many young ones and kids.
The hotel is about 400m from Matso's brewery and 25mn walk from the Town Centre.
If you want to live the high life (and night life) this is not the place for you.
Overall a good australian 3 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Inn Continental Broome is set between a vast red desert and azure blue sea, Just walking distance from the heart of Broome, and only 10 minute drive from the spectacular pristine white sands of Cable Beach, making the Mercure Inn Continental Broome the ideal location to explore Broome and it’s surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Broome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Broome Hotel Broome
- Mercure Hotel Continental Broome
- Accor Hotel Continental Broome