1,620 results
All reviewsfamily poolsunset barclub restaurantadult poolocean poolcable beach clubjapanese restauranttennis courtstour deskpearlers bungalowmini golfgarden view studiowater playgroundglass of champagnebuffet breakfastwatching the sunsetoverlooking the beach
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are looking shabby and tired; bed was so old and uncomfortable, I'll be going to the Chiro tomorrow! 2 of the restaurants were closed but we were not informed until we arrived despite continued marketing on emails and the website; the replacement restaurant wasn't opened until the night before we left, we asked one of the waiters for a copy of the menu and he responded with a smile and a nod but failed to deliver, the staff are a mix of nationalities so its a hit and a miss as to the level of service you receive; in the end the menu was very poor, unless you like noodles, noodles or noodles. Food at the sunset bar and grill was ok, ate there several times and only had to send one dish back for undercooked rice, setting is beautiful but don't be tempted to sit on the seats with the best view after sunset or you will be plagued by swarms of moths, beetles and biters joining you for dinner. No wifi until day of check-out. Poor communication & service; waited long time for room service and even longer to have tray taken away; which attracts the ants; and there were ants crawling all over the bread/pastry baskets at breakfast. I had high expectations but compared to 5 star resorts elsewhere in the world this one falls short, I'm leaving disappointed and would look elsewhere next time...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Asecretguest
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I’m disappointed to read your review and have taken onboard your comments regarding the resorts food and beverage service and offerings. All of our bedding is of hotel standard and as you travelled as a couple I’m presuming you stayed in a studio room, in which case the maximum age of the beds is 3 years. The issue regarding WIFI is also being addressed to ensure that future guests do not experience the same inconvenience.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 24, 2014

First, I'll preface this review by saying that I am using the Merville Beach Resort-Grand Bay- Mauritius and the Sheraton Port Douglas for comparison - prices and facilities were comparable when we last stayed at these resorts. The weather does not play a part in this review since I expected it to be humid, hot and wet.

Reception: Very nice spacious cool area, polished wood floors and fixtures with a tropical feel. On arrival we were offered water, orange juice or champagne this was a very nice touch; the champagne was served in flutes but the water was offered in small flimsy plastic disposal cups - I think this can be improved. I didn't see how the orange juice was served. Check in was quick although we were only offered help with our bags as an after thought. Our bungalow was very close so we easily managed though the proximity of the room should not be a factor. We traveled from the airport by car so can't comment on the transport service. I found it very peculiar that the cushions on the couches in reception (& club room) were chained (discretely) to the couch. It wasn't obvious until I tried to move a cushion behind my back.

Pearlers Bungalow: - I booked a Pearlers bungalow for 4 nights at 460$ per night for 2 adults. The resort grounds are very nice with mature plants and present a lovely tropical feeling. The Pearlers bungalow was very spacious for 2. The kitchen functional. I was traveling with a family member so I wanted two bathrooms and separate sleeping areas hence the choice of the bungalow. The pearler bungalow is essentially a large central bedroom and en-suite inside an enclosed veranda. The central bedroom has no windows instead it has 3 sets of french doors that open into the second sleeping area, the short corridor and the sitting area. Our bungalow had a comfortable kingsize bed in the main bedroom, nightstands, wardrobe and dresser combined and TV on the wall. The second sleeping area had a large bed made up of 2singles which made sleeping a little uncomfortable. A 3rd single bed was also in this area. (see pics). If you are a light sleeper or like to sleep-in be aware that the second sleeping area is very light in the morning because the white blinds do not block out the light. How much light comes in will depend on the orientation of the bungalow and position in the resort. I noticed some bungalows towards the centre got less light due to denser plants. We did not find this an issue.
I was disappointed with the look & feel of the inside decor of the bungalow - a heavy black leather corner couch was comfortable but seemed out of place in a tropical setting, an old high backed cane chair had character but did not have a seat cushion which made sitting uncomfortable so we didn't use it. The pics on the wall were cheap, mass produced and out of scale with the furnishings. I think this could be done much better to give a more lux feel to the bungalow; plus it would be in keeping with the many interesting sculptures in the resort grounds. The bungalow air conditioning and ceiling fans were very good. There was no outside seating area for our bungalow even though when I made the reservation the booking clerk said she thought there would be a table and 2 chairs outside; however based on website images of the bungalows I didn't think this would be the case.

We had the smoke detector malfunction in our bungalow one day and on another day after heavy rain the door lock malfunctioned and we couldn't get in. On both occasions we were happy with the way these were dealt with & fixed.

Family pool area: the pool is much smaller than the website pics. Imagine half the size. The adult pool area was relatively small too. We opted to stay in the family pool because it was close to our bungalow and there were few guests. The pool has seen better days, its quite dated bordering on shabby, all the sun beds around the family pool were old and heavily stained and could not be adjusted upright for reading. The pool towels were small bath sized towels, most people including us took at least 3 towels each, 2 to cover the sun bed to 1 dry bits n bobs. We didn't see was any pool side service to order drinks so we ordered at the restaurant bar which the staff then delivered to the pool. Staff were very friendly and accommodating however the plastic glasses were old and scratched and unfortunately often had lipstick marks still on them - this should be done better. The adult pool sun beds were similar.

Restaurants: At this time of year not all the restaurants were open - I did not know this would be the case when booking. Breakfast was served in the Sunset Bar & Grill. A great position overlooking the beach. The buffet was average compared to other similar-star resorts. We pre-booked breakfast so it was value for money. The service was very variable in the mornings it wasn't until day 2 that we were told we could order pancakes, eggs done various ways & so on. It was quite apparent to me that some business travelers were known to some kitchen staff and received priority service. On two mornings the same kitchen staff member forgot to return with my eggs order which were re-done by another. The diner service was very good and the food quality was good over all. Prices were much the same as Perth. We had good service in the club room (next to the sunset bar & grill) one night but on another night there was no service even though the club room was open. We went through to the restaurant to attract a server and we were directed to order drinks from the outside bar which was a problem because it was raining this night. The staff were always pleasant and it was obvious that they were experiencing a staffing problem that night.

During our stay we could often pick our table in the restaurants, this was good because some are in cooler spots. If you are given this option take a moment to walk around and find the cooler tables its worthwhile and makes for a pleasant meal.

Overall I found the resort comfortable but many small things (attention to detail) could lift it to the next level. Although Jan is not the ideal time to travel to Broome I found I liked the sense of space the resort offered at this time of year. I feel this resort would be quite crowded during peak season.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Mgmann
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay at Cable Beach Club. Your comments are invaluable to us, whether they be critical or complimentary. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in order that you can enjoy the upcoming improvements to our product & service.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Beautiful location right on cable beach to match the excellent facilities at the resort, great food, friendly staff, great gym. It's nice to visit the town of Broome but the main attraction to coming here is cabel beach and this Hotel wins. There are cheaper options but you get what you pay for. I stayed here with friends in separate rooms and had a great Time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review Michelle. I'm really pleased to read that you enjoyed the resort and our fabulous location. I hope you and your friends will return to Cable Beach Club in order to enjoy the room and pool upgrades currently taking place.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights over the New Year period and overall we had a nice stay and the staff mostly international, were very friendly and pleasant. There were a few hiccups and rather than not saying anything and to then write a not so good review we decided to speak out about the problems and the management compensated us for the issues.

We booked into the Spa deluxe Bungalow with the Club package. Due to arriving on Boxing Day our valet/butler had taken the day off so we joined the queue and got on the bus rather than a private car. The humidity is Broome was high and took our breath away. However on arriving to our room eventually a welcome bottle of Champagne and fruit platter was just delicious.
Our Bungalow was lovely, the King bed a little on the hard side for our liking and also in the other room 2 singles were joined together at the wrong height. The brown vinyl lounge was a little uncomfortable and I had to keep peeling my skin off of it. It was serviced every day and we were able to request this happened whilst we were at the pool.

Now the pool was a bit of a trek and we certainly got lost a few times however we were told on Day 3 that the horse statues face reception therefore helping guide us to the adult pool area. Although the Bungalows are peaceful and tranquil and well really lovely, you need a packed lunch to get to the pool. You also need to ensure you have packed everything as a trip back for your book is punishing in the heat. We did try to hitch a ride on the cleaner’s golf cart but sadly they declined.

Cocktails or Mocktails by the pool ummm well after a few of these $18 drinks one can certainly ride a camel or even probably drive a car. We were assured they contained alcohol and perhaps due to RSA maybe not very much.

The Wi-Fi in the Villa’s is simply atrocious and it would probably be best if it was advertised that it didn’t exist to not get your hopes up especially when a cyclone is coming past the coast and you are hauled up in your room due to the wind and the rain, you are also suffering cabin fever due to no Wi-fi or cable TV and also the telephone system was out for 2-3 days during our stay. Oh well you can’t help Mother Nature or can you?

The restaurants I will review separately however we found it enjoyable to eat at the resort throughout our stay.

At our Bungalow we had some lovely visitors every morning and around dusk I think they are called Euros but they basically look like miniature kangaroos. This is really special and I am sure international visitors would get a kick out of seeing these.

So if you have something nice or constructive to say tell Tripadvisor if you have a problem tell the management as they listen and act. Cable Beach Resort is run extremely efficiently and is a well-oiled machine Thankyou for our stay and we will surely be visiting again. Next visit we will be booking a bungalow with a plunge pool.

Room Tip: Spa Deluxe Bungalow was lovely altough next time will splurge and get a Bungalow with a plung pool
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Happy_relaxed_couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Beautiful surroundings, and great size rooms. What a location. Champagne was great on check-in, down falls where check-in staff didn't acknowledge me prior to check in and where in a hurry to complete my check-in. Adults pool was great, but the temp would be better if it was cooler. Fluorescent lights in the bathroom spoils the ambiance in the room. Only minor pet peeves so Would definatley return

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends