We spent a lovely week here over Christmas and made great use of the excellent facilities. You can't beat the location, right on the glorious Cable Beach and arguably the world's most beautiful sunsets. All the rooms are set in a beautiful garden setting. Our nephews loved the family pool with pool noodles, balls etc provided and the surrounding water playground and mini golf. The staff were great in regularly providing jugs of iced water all round, topping up the towel supply, and free icypoles for the kids. The poolside food was quite tasty. This might be part of the reason that there were so many Broomites checked in for their own Christmas treat. There are some sharp edges in this pool (broken floor tiles as well as a rough sand/pebble wall) and we racked up 3 cut soles and 1 grazed knee in our group. The family pool temperature was far too hot - no relief at all from the hot and sticky weather. The adults only Ocean Pool was a much cooler temperature and a lovely retreat. We stayed in 3 garden view studios. The charge of $50 per night per child in the studio seems excessive. The two pre school kids could have easily shared a rollaway bed but the resort was insistent that they could not, and it was 1 child per room policy. The room itself was very peaceful, and we loved seeing the two small wallabies playing just outside our balcony, as well as frogs, geckos et al. The room was very comfortable for us and although a really decent size with both indoor and outdoor seating, the oddly designed bathroom means larger sized people might find the toilet and shower cubicles a bit squishy. As others have mentioned, the rooms are very dark with wooden floor boards and corrugated iron walls, but have been built in Broome style to keep the rooms cool, and they seem well insulated from neighbouring noise. We enjoyed the L'occitane products and the rooms were very clean and comfortable, although the cleaning service was surprisingly late afternoon most days. The bedside furniture in the studios seems a cracked head accident waiting to happen. The bedside tables are sharp cornered thick stone which overhang the bed. Each night we moved them away from the pillows and each afternoon the cleaners moved them back again. On the note of not enough thought in the room design, there should be a powerpoint at counter height near to the coffee making facilities. My father in law was not happy that no robes or slippers or complimentary water bottles were provided. The Sunset Grill is a beautiful setting and we enjoyed some excellent cocktails and food there. Yes, it is pricey but all of Broome is pricey; this comes with being a remotely located piece of paradise. The gym was small but good. The wifi service was terrible. No service at all in our room and frustratingly patchy in the lobby. 4 internet PCs were provided in the lobby and these were better but still very slow. Poor wifi is not a Broome problem; it is a CBCR infrastructure issue. All in all, while it is lovely, I don't think it hits all the marks for a 5 star hotel, perhaps a very good 4 star hotel (with 5 star prices) is a fair summary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa is the only resort overlooking Broome's iconic Cable Beach. Set against the backdrop of the Kimberley outback, the resort offers 231 rooms styled to reflect the Asian and colonial cultures which shape the identity of Broome. The diverse choice of accommodation is complimented by acres of landscaped gardens hosting artefacts from around the world. The interior of the Resort is adorned with an impressive art collection, boasting commissioned works from Australian icons such as Sir Sidney Nolan. Cable Beach Club invites you to indulge in an exclusive romantic retreat or the ultimate family holiday. Couples will enjoy the adults only Ocean Pool, Chahoya Spa by LOccitane, poolside bar, or the culinary excellence of our four restaurants. While families will have hours of fun at the Family Pool, water playground, mini golf and tennis courts. Conferences, incentives, weddings and special events are guaranteed to wow the senses when delivered against the colours of the Kimberley and are celebrated in a range of locations throughout the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Beach Club Hotel Broome
- Cable Beach Club Resort And Spa
- Cable Beach Hotel
- Cable Beach Broome