1,628 results
All reviews family pool sunset bar club restaurant adult pool ocean pool cable beach club japanese restaurant tennis courts tour desk pearlers bungalow mini golf garden view studio water playground glass of champagne buffet breakfast watching the sunset overlooking the beach
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The room was a typical 5 star hotel room with separate bathroom. It was nice but Australian hotel rooms are generally way over priced and this resort was no exception. The breakfast was well worth the advance booking price but I noticed there was a breakfast/brunch spot over looking Cable Beach a short walk away which I did not try. Can't believe the food was any better there though and perhaps had a pricier a la cart menu. The Sunset Room, where breakfast and an a la carte dinner is held, was very comfortable with a tropical feel. The adult pool and bar was nice. While the hotel is on the ocean and right behind the camel rides on the beach, swimming in the ocean is risky due mainly to to the poisonous jellyfish or stingers. There is not a lot to do in Broome so I would not book for more than a few days unless you need a lot of R & R. We went to Broome for a few days prior to a Coral Princess Cruise of the Kimberly coast which was very special and I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The Frangipani wing was typical 4+ to 5 star accommodation. No noise and easy walking distance to everything. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank macdoz
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay at Cable Beach Club. We certainly receive many positive reactions to our very reasonable breakfast pricing, which in conjunction with great views over the sparkling Indian Ocean makes for a great start to the day.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a 4 day conference at Cable Beach Club which was a mixture of Business & Pleasure. The conference facilities were excellent and the hotel facilities provided our delegates and their families with a great environment to relax, enjoy and dine. The mixture of the Garden suites and Bungalow style accommodation meant our group could be accommodated regardless of the size of their families. The resort is well laid out and we particularly appreciated having a kids play area and mini golf located close to the Thai Pearl restaurant. The adults had a laid back meal whilst the kids were able to enjoy the facilities. With many of the staff being employed by the resort for many years and some for over a decade this shows the owners of the hotel must really look after their staff. This really reflects in the way they treat the guests

Room Tip: Bungalows are great for families.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stay at Cable Beach Resort by choice at least once per year. This year I had a room for three nights in the Dragonflower wing. The rooms are very similar from wing to wing but one difference is that the rooms in the Dragonflower wing do not have the toilet as a separate room. For this reason I prefer rooms in either the Eucalyptus (my preference) or Frangipani wings.
The full breakfast was $15 when pre-booked - this is great value and not to be missed.
I had drinks on each night at the Sunset Bar and Grill and the Broome sunsets did not disappoint.
I will be back next year !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TrickyPerth
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Took the family away for a short 5 night break on a recommendation from a good friend. Quite a hot time of year so we were worried about the heat and the fact that the wet season had begun. There was nothing to worry about! We arrived on a very hot day after a long trip from Melbourne and were shown to a 2 bedroom bungalow with fantastic air conditioning. It was a beautiful garden setting with wallabies and other wildlife in abundance.

There was a lot to do on site for all of us. The pools are amazing, and a great selection of restaurants for all tastes, particularly the Thai restaurant which is world class. Sitting in the sunset bar watching the sunset is a particular treat. The staff were fantastic, nothing was a problem and we had a great time.

It is not a cheap place to stay, eat or drink, but if you understand that before you go you should be fine. the bungalows have good kitchen facilities and there are lots of local, walking distance options to eat and drink for some variety.

Highly recommended if you get a chance to go to Broome.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Markylush
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Thanks for bringing your family to Cable Beach Club. I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to sunny Broome soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

On November 10, my family and myself headed back to the Cable beach club.
It was exactly 1 year from my previous trip there, I'm glad to say the place has definitely not changed allot.
The food as alway's at the club restaurant was excellent, also I'm glad to report that the Thai perl was a real standout !!
When I arrived me and my girlfriend were very surprised to have a room upgrade room 374 it's a ripper !!
Also the breakfast has not changed down at the sunset bar and just so you no it was always good. There dinners also good I highly recommend the 500 gr ribeye steak or the crayfish medallion's unreal !!
Now to a complaint, one sunset down at the grill I ordered two vodka lemon lime and bitters. To my surprise there seemed to have no alcohol in the drinks, I did watch the guy pour them.
When I came back to tell the guy that there was no alcohol in the drinks, he said there was nothing he could do about it.
I replied can I please buy a shot of vodka he refused. My conclusion the alcohol was watered down.
This is no reflection of the management of the cable beach club but possibly bad staff at the bar ( Chinese guy with glasses ).
I'm a 7 time guest at the club and that is my first complaint ever!!
We spend about $10,000 every trip we make to the cable beach club, that's 70,000 so far so that Chinese kid that was rude, just remember your representing the whole club, and every one that reads this review will remember you, my whole family does I can tell you that. Stuart K I hope your listening !!
Anyway it was a great trip and all the other staff members are terrific well done Cable beach club I'll see you next November. Hopefully you have better staff down serving drinks at the grill cheers sunseeker

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Sunseekerr
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your recent stay at our resort. Fortunately in your review, enough information was provided to enable me to appropriately investigate your feedback. Overall, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly appreciate your patronage over a long period of time. In relation to your issue with your beverage; I can assure you that any beverage served at the resort is poured as intended but agree that the bar person needed to assist with a resolution or refer to a manager for your request. Since receiving your feedback the staff member has been provided with additional training in line with our customer service principles.

I have forwarded you a personal email with my contact details as I would love to catch up when you are next at our resort. I do appreciate balanced feedback as it provides us with the tools to hone our service and facilities to better suit our guests..

Warm Regards,