Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
$199
Oaks Broome(Broome)
$202
$223
Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$436
$347
Blue Seas Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$215
$196
$271
$209
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$232
$205
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$218
$131
Cocos Beach Bungalows(Broome)
$343
1,538 results
All reviewsfamily poolsunset barclub restaurantadult poolcable beach clubocean pooljapanese restauranttennis courtstour deskpearlers bungalowchahoya spamini golfwater playgroundgarden view studioglass of champagnebuffet breakfastwatching the sunset
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beautiful relaxing location. Could do with a bit of a freshen up, maybe some new pool side lounges. Fantastic service from all staff, lovely breakfast and food from all restaurants. The adults only pool is heaven!!

Room Tip: We had a pool side room next to the adult pool. The ground floor ones give you walk out access straight to the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CBCR2008, Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thanks for your comments - You will be pleased to heat that we are in the process of upgrading our poolside lounges. I hope you will be back to enjoy them.

Kind Regards,

Stuart Kentish
Resort Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The resort is nice but expensive. The adults pool area is a little small with not enough seating for everyone which was a little disappointing. The breakfast at the sunset bar has a great view of the beach but I don't think the premium you pay for the resort is worth the extra cost.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this resort from 3rd to 10th August as a winter break organised by my partner. We were taken by the positive reviews that this resort had and booked into a Studio Pool Side apartment. As a five star resort I had expected it to be a treat of over indulgence for a week at a time when you really need some rest as it is mid winter.

The reception was reasonable and welcoming glass of something fizzy (though not a quality champagne) was a pleasant introduction. Finding the room was challenging and maybe this is why you only have a half flute of fizz as the signage on day one is not customer friendly and we wandered for some time before being able to locate the room.

I am conscious that resorts can be quieter during the off season times although this was not the case with Cable Beach as there was a steady flow of guests everyday it seemed. It is therefore confusing that the main Italian themed restaurant, which is much hyped in the literature, was closed on Sunday and Monday - this should be noted when you check in! When you are on holiday there is no real intention to stick to a schedule and the Maitre'D was not impressed that I would not book for the following Tuesday as we had yet to decide our plans for the week. We actually decided to dine there on the Thursday and took the chance of not making a formal reservation but to seek a table early in the evening. We were told by the same Maitre'D that we would have to wait which was fine. He then proceeded to ignore us for the best part of an hour with no indication if we were to be seated. The restaurant was not full and from my position at the outside tables could clearly see 4 tables that were available and remained that way for the rest of the evening. As we dined that evening it was clear tha this establishment just prefers you to make a booking for their own purposes. I found his attitude to be pretentious and unwelcoming. This is balanced out however by the rest of the staff in the restaurant who are genuinely delightful and accomodating. Overall though I would go to the Pearl Thai which was consistent and welcoming on three separate occasions.

The rooms as reasonable but somewhat dated and not to the standard I would have expected from an exclusive resort. Whilst scrupulously clean the attention to detail is missing. Towels are not consistent - some days fluffy and inviting and on others flat and hard. It is the lighting that was my main concern as this was all from wall and table lamps using energy saving bulbs. One of the bathroom halogens did not illuminate at all and remained this was for a week. For the $500+ per night I really did not have to expect to advise the hotel management of such matters and I wonder how the daily housekeeping staff failed to address it.

Similarly the room is close the main reception hall where the resort manages Weddings and functions through the week. I absolutely understand that people will be noisy at such events and to tell the guests that there is a wedding on and the noise may be a possible cause of disturance is a welcome intervention. Except that they told me and my partner that this was the case on the day of the function and after we had been out all day. We returned to our room at 6.30pm to discover there was an event scheduled to run till midnight and now had no way to escape the noise. I am sure that a Wedding was not booked somewhere between 9am and 6.30pm preventing earlier notification? To avoid the noise, at this late stage was what lead me to the Italian experience described above.

The buffet style breakfast is what it says - mass catering over a short period. The food is reasonable but basic overall. At this type of resort though I will confess I was stunned to discover that powdered egg is used in the scramble option. Transport costs are significant to this region of Australia but surely we do not have rely on powdered egg? This explains the strange consistency and unpleasant taste/texture. I value the honesty of the staff member who confessed to this! For $25 you have to wait for hot water to make your own drinks and there is so much more that could be done to justify the cost. This was certainly not the highlight of my stay. I would avoid the Sunset Bar and Grill breakfast and seek out places in Broome that are less expensive and more pleasant overall. Make your own coffee or tea in your room and keep some fruit in the room fridge to tide you over till you can get to town.

Overall this is a pleasant resort but I believe falls well short of the 5 star claims it makes. It is comfortable and has some good aspects like the adult only Ocean Pool area. However, staff are inconsistent and will not always acknowledge guests contrary to my experiences in other top end resorts. If you have money to waste and no care for how to spend it I would recommend the Cable Beach resort. If your holiday is something that you plan for through the year I think you would be better advised seeking out another venue in the local area as there are many to chose from and I think the Cable Beach is living off its reputation which is now fading!

Room Tip: Ocean Pool rooms are quiet unless there is a function on. Ask for ground floor to get better access.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CBCR2008, General Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

It was with disappointment that I read your review. Your experience very obviously did not live up to your expectations and I apologise for any shortcomings on our part. While I have addressed a number of your concerns with our management team, I do feel it's important to point out that we do not use powdered eggs, that pre-booked breakfast is available to all guests for $15pp and that recommending restaurant reservations is the most effective way of ensuring our guests are able to dine in the venue of their choice during our very busy peak season. I sincerely hope your next holiday experience leaves you with a higher level of satisfaction.

Kind Regards,
Stuart Kentish
Resort Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hype is true - Cable Beach really is magical. The moment you arrive you should really try and zone in to 'Broome Time' John collected us from the airport after the resort had rung to confirm our flight arrival times - nice touch. Our check in was early due to the flight times and it was not an issue - straight to the room. We then had some contemplative pool time and soaked up the gorgeous winter sun. That evening we dined in the Sunset Beach restaurant and whilst the food was not fabulous - the service was great and the view/atmosphere divine. The wine list needs some serious work and the food was disappointing, however it was a wonderful spot having dinner after sundowners. The next day we took the Kimberly Aviation tour to Cape Leveque, Horizontal Falls and Thousand Islands - a religious experience with a fantastic, professional crew.

Back to the Hotel......Cable Beach Resort suffers from the same dilemma as most remote locations - difficulty in maintaining core staff. Most staff members are backpackers passing through or interns - thus the service may vary. Sadly - I felt the food would be of a higher standard and I was disappointed in the cuisine at the resort. We had the continental breakfast on the 3rd morning and it was just not up to standard when paying over $450 per day....Though do make sure you book as all of the restaurants are full during the busy season - just don't expect Michelin. In saying that - when I sent the meal back the first night it was taken off the bill and the second night we were given a complimentary bottle of wine so the hospitality element is alive and well at Cable Beach.

The rooms are slightly dated but large, clean and the amenities are top notch. The beds are fantastic....huge king-size beds,lovely pillows and linen.

In summary - would I go back...no. Do I regret the stay...no. Cable Beach Resort is special - the staff are amazing, the location is priceless.

We were fortunate enough to be there for the full moon so went into Mangrove for the 'stairway to heaven' experience. Great fun with everyone vying for positions to see the moon. The resort provides drop off and pick up to the best views. Take a walk through town when you are there - Broome must be one of the friendliest town on the planet - its fabulous.

If you go to Broome - go to Cable Beach Resort.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights as part of an "opera on the beach package" our room was spacious and comfortable. No complaints whatsoever. We dined at the main Italian themed restaurant and although fairly expensive was beautifully cooked food and a knowledgable wine waiter. Lovely evening, good ambience. Would recommend staying at the hotel to anyone wishing to spend time in Broome, but bear in mind that it is not actually anywhere near the town centre! Breakfast was very reasonably priced too.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple