Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cocos Beach Bungalows(Broome)
Oaks Broome(Broome)
1,536 results
All reviewsfamily poolsunset barclub restaurantadult poolocean poolcable beach clubjapanese restauranttennis courtstour deskpearlers bungalowchahoya spamini golfwater playgroundgarden view studioglass of champagnebuffet breakfastwatching the sunset
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We thought it was overpriced but definitely the best place to stay in Broome if you want to be close to that beautiful white sand blue water beach and watch amazing sunsets from the (public) sunset bar (though have to be early to obtain a seat). Room was spacious, cool, clean, quite dark, minimalist bathroom. Staff courteous. Thai restaurant beautiful food. Too far to walk to town centre but regular bus service very close, hotel shuttle twice a day but only small bus, can miss out. Lobby shop low stock, hardly any hats or sun products. Artworks awesome (beautiful Nolans in reception, watercolour in room). Pools and
grounds well done.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed one night in the resort after a Kimberley Cruise. Our room was comfortable, with good bedding. However, a cracked cup with boiling water added could have been nasty.We dined with friends at the Sunset Bar & Grill. Food was mediocre,and the side salad was very small for the price. Very busy with staff on the run.The location is ideal. We caught the town bus as you have to book at reception to use the Resort's shuttle service. We were not advised of this at check-in, and neither were some other guests. Annoying.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CBCR2008, General Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. As this is the first comment we have received regarding the resorts complimentary shuttle I will look into more effective communication of this service.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. Room delightful , staff all very friendly and helpful. What let it down was the quality of the restaurants. I thought the 2 I visited were not up to the standard of the Resort overall .

• Stayed: August 2013

I’m really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I have lived in Broome for almost 9 years so when it came to choosing a venue for our wedding we couldn't look past the Cable Beach Club for it's location and reputation. We were not disappointed. From the time we entered the automatic gates until our tearful departure, our entire experience was stress free, luxurious and relaxing.

I'd like to firstly thank the new wedding co-ordinator Zoe Robinson for all of her efforts with organising the wedding, the moment we met with Zoe she was very warm and welcoming and answered every question (even if it was minor) with enthusiasm. I believe she went above and beyond her call of duty to make our wedding stress free and exactly how we envisaged, so thank you Zoe you're an absolute asset to the club and i'm so glad you commenced your new role when you did!

Thank you to Adrian, Chris and Nathan in reservations for organising our accommodation and for assisting with early check in's / late check out's. Gents you were all very helpful and we were so happy with the rooms allocated to us, especially the two nights in one of the luxurious villa suites.

A special mention to the delightful Nyssa from housekeeping who helped make our transition from a bungalow to a villa on the day of the wedding run so smoothly.

We chose the Cable Beach Club grounds for our wedding ceremony. The lily pond lawn was a beautiful intimate location with lovely shaded grassed area that backed onto lush tropical gardens. It was the perfect location to exchange vows in front of our loved ones.

Although I was initially worried about the alternative drop menu option at our wedding reception, the feedback we received from our guests was 10/10! Both the steak and barramundi were cooked to perfection. We chose the premium drink package and the alcohol was flowing generously throughout the evening, thank you to the chef and all the wait staff who made our guests feel like royalty.

The whole day was everything we could ask for, our family and friends have not stopped raving about the night from the food, staff, location and atmosphere. I will definitely be recommending Cable Beach Club to anyone planning a wedding or function in the future.

We now have our loved ones that travelled from a far dreaming of their next visit to Broome, so thank you, we'll see you again very soon.

Amanda and Ben Lee
Broome

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda L

It was an absolute pleasure to play a part in this very special occasion. I have passed on your comments to all those involved and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort to celebrate many more occasions in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location of this resort is the only 5 star thing about it. We stayed in a villa which was quite nice but didn't live up to the photos on the website. It was lovely having our own plunge pool but the courtyard was a bit scruffy with some half dead plants in the gardens which did detract from the ambience of the area, it also did not look like the photos on the website.
The villas come with 'Butler Service' We did sleep through the canape service on the first day...our fault. Day 2 we were in the courtyard enjoying the pool. I had the chain on the door and was listening out for the doorbell...... no canapes. I later tried the doorbell and found it did not work. I reported it and was assured it would be fixed, was still not working when we checked out 3 days later.
When I mentioned the non delivery of canapes to our butler the third day his response was "You had the chain on the door and I could not get in" hmmmm the chain would have been off and door opened as soon as I heard the doorbell!!!
It was only a small thing but it was annoying. Having said that,the man acting as butler was lovely and friendly, as were all of the staff.
The light above the front door did not work which made it difficult returning to the room after dinner.
I also had to ring housekeeping to ask for more tea bags and milk as they were never topped up during the room service.

We ate at the bar area of the Sunset Bar and Grill first night, my husband had a Mexican Chicken Pizza, it was bland and tastless.
Next night we dined at the Thai pearl. The food was ok, nothing to get excited about but oh so expensive.
Next we tried the Sunset Bar and grill, inside at the grill, really ordinary food at huge prices. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a premium , especially at remote places, but the food was just bad. It was almost impossible to order a healthy meal.
The food at this resort is outrageously overpriced, with the exception of the Club Restaurant.
If you stay here, do yourself a favour and eat here every night.
Our last dinner was at the Club Restuarant and I almost cancelled this dinner as everything else had been so bad. I am so glad I didn't. The food was excellent. It was only slightly more expensive than the other restaurants but the food quality was worlds apart. It was the crowning glory of the stay.
There are lots of family groups staying at this resort so the adults only pool area was great. Overall it was a relaxing holiday but the overall ambience was of a Butlins Holiday Camp

Room Tip: The premium price for a villa is simply not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenniferMelbourne

Thank you for your balanced review. Obviously it was most disappointing to read such a range of concerns and I have discussed your comments with our management team in quite some detail in order that suitable action can be taken. Please be assured however that the vast majority of our guests enjoy their stay with us immensely, often returning year after year.