“fabulous relaxing stay”

Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed August 6, 2013

once moved to a pool side room we began a week of pure relaxation. weather divine, morning walk to Cable Beach, top breakfast at Sunset bar, with chefs who cooked to order if necessary. But 'flat white' coffees took ages!
adult pool excellent for quiet swim and snacks for lunch. friendly staff provided cocktails to order, but shame they do not use fresh fruit for smoothies/ drinks.
pizzas at Sunset Bar to watch the sunset or the top quality Italian restaurant for dinner.
our room was quiet and linen fresh. altogether a perfect relaxing holiday in the true sense of the word. liked the fact we could order the daily papers.

Room Tip: pool side rooms are great with their own sun lounges.
1  Thank Deirdre W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at Cable Beach hotel in a garden view room. We were able to check in early which was greatly appreciated, as we had caught an early flight into Broome. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The resort was spread out, with beautiful gardens and friendly staff. Great breakfast overlooking the beach with camels walking past! Free onsite secure parking is available which is great because you really need to hire a car to get around Broome. There were 2 pools to choose from, we preferred the family pool as it was more relaxed and had a 'younger' feel. Three small disappointing things about our stay were the fact I asked room service for one extra pillow as I am 8.5 months pregnant, and needed it to help me get comfortable at night, and my request was ignored. Secondly, the bed was the MOST uncomfortable we have ever slept in. And thirdly, none of the restaurants or pool-side bar would make a mocktail, or even attempt to make one up. For a beachy resort type place, you'd expect the staff to be qualified enough to make a non-alcoholic cocktail. All that was offered was a fruit juice, called a Jungle Juice. We found a great bar across the road from Cable Beach called the Zoo Bar which made the best mocktail and cocktails - we went back there 2 nights in a row. Beside those 3 things, our stay was wonderful.

Room Tip: We were in the Acacia Wing which was a great spot. Close to the pools, parking, beach access and rec...
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ron, you and your staff have out done yourselves again, we loved the Thai restaurant as well as the the Italian fare in the club restaurant, the ocean pool view room was great, clean and well maintained, the ocean pool was welcomed as was the aquarobics in the early mornings before work, I was on my balcony watching .....I was worn out just watching them.
We had some delicious cocktails at the sunset bar seeing the sun go down, for once we didn't miss it, mean while snacking on some fresh pizza. The club is the place to stay in Broome

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chillimudcrab

We were booked in for 4 nights after a 3 day drive up the coast but only
lasted one night. We couldn't get the cocktail we wanted at the pool so went to
the bar at sunset and they wouldn't let us in, they told use to come back at 8pm .
We went up the road and had a lovely evening .
The room was pretty average and the floor squeaked when ever we moved
around
The buffet breakfast was un edible other than the toast.
But it's in a great spot

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lawrence R
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This trip was planned as recovery time after a knee operation. My wife and I flew up the morning after my op and were a little disappointed on arrival when we were told we were in an upstairs room (even tho I had requested a downstairs one due to the fact I was on crutches). This problem was quickly rectified though and we were moved downstairs half an hour later. Our spacious room overlooked the adults only pool and was very nice, with timber floorboards and large en-suite bathroom.

The stand out of our stay was the service of a young gentleman who manned the pool bar. On our first pool visit he came over with an industrial sized roll of Gladwrap and proceeded to wrap my bandaged knee then provided me with an inflatable rubber ring so I could kind of submerge myself without wetting my knee. For the remainder of our stay he continued to offer brilliant service, literally running people orders out to them (they were seriously understaffed) and going out of his way to offer great service. I am only sorry I cannot remember his name. The idea of having a separate 'adults only' pool is great idea and very much appreciated too.

Sunset drinks in Broome are obligatory, however I always find the service at the resort run Sunset Bar & Grill very slow and unfriendly. Not just on this occasion but when I've visited the bar on other trips to Broome. We also found it a struggle to get the attention of wait staff for a coffee or tea at breakfast in the same Grill every morning. You could help yourself to breakfast but would sit for ages without the offer of a cuppa. Not really the service you expect in '5 star'.

Overall, we had a great stay and it sure beat staying home on the couch to recover from an operation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent 4 nights in this resort at the end of a trip to the Kimberleys. Thought it would be an excellent place to recover from our travels, and we were right. The studio accomodation was the best of its type I have ever stayed in - spacious, good beds, a lovely and relaxing balconey. Everything to make one feel relaxed. The resort has 2 delightful pools with more than adequate numbers of recliners (no rush to get your recliner in the morning), and of course is right on Cable Beach itself. The view of the sunset from the bar is astounding. All all of the staff were not only efficient, but went out of their way to be friendly. And early one morning I even found 2 kangaroos hoping through the grounds!

So why not 5 stars? One thing was missing - a regular shuttle service back to Broome town itself. Yes during the day the Town bus is more than adequate, but if you want to go into the town in the evening for a meal away from the resort, and had the hassle of getting a taxi back. Which is not always easy. Yeas the on-site restaurants are excellent, but exceedingly expensive.Maybe not a big thing - I would have given this resort four and half stars if you could!

2  Thank Elliot G
Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's a fantastic location, on the beach and I have never come across such courteous and polite staff, however the rooms are very dark and are starting to need some repairs and maintenance. Such things as door hinges needing tightening to enable them to close and the bathroom starting to need replacement mirrors and repairs where they are starting to colour around the edges. You are also able to hear adjoining rooms when the toilet is flushed and my room had the bank of air conditioners against my bedroom wall causing noise. The daily housekeeping was disappointing with the outside decking area not being cleaned along with used glasses which I ended up having to clean myself which was disappointing when expecting 5 star resort service. The grounds are maintained, only maintained not pristine. I believe the resort would do well to close off wings and "overhaul" them as a work in progress. Overall a good experience but in my opinion not worthy of the 5 star rating.

• Stayed: August 2012