Firstly the resort is spectacular. The location is second to none and the property's facilities were everything you would expect. The room was beautifully appointed and everything was immaculately looked after.
The only downside, and may I say only a few staff were guilty of this, was poor service and lack of training or limited product knowledge. We called reception to order a picnic basket advertised in the hotel's guide and were abruptly told they don't do picnics. When we pointed out the guide stated it did we were transferred to a number that went to a message bank. By the time we called back she must have had a quick look at the guide because the same lass asked what kind of picnic we wanted. A fair question except we didn't know what types were available and neither did she. We eventually were able to order one for a set time but this too turned into a drama as we had to call to ask about our picnic as it was 30 minutes late. It was delivered to our room 40 minutes late and without an apology causing us to miss the sunset that night.
Though mostly polite many staff we encountered were new and we were often told this as this was the excuse given when they couldn't answer fairly straight forward questions about the resort or the region. Others looked like they just didn't want to be there but they were few and far between. It may have only been a few staff but unfortunately these were staff guests deal with every day.
A great positive was Leanne at the tour desk. She was very helpful and patient and all our tours arranged for us by her went smoothly and met our expectations.
Overall it was a pleasant stay however for the rates the resort charges for accommodation, restaurants etc, you would expect consistently good to great service. Unfortunately this wasn't our experience but we didn't let that ruin or stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa is the only resort overlooking Broome's iconic Cable Beach. Set against the backdrop of the Kimberley outback, the resort offers 231 rooms styled to reflect the Asian and colonial cultures which shape the identity of Broome. The diverse choice of accommodation is complimented by acres of landscaped gardens hosting artefacts from around the world. The interior of the Resort is adorned with an impressive art collection, boasting commissioned works from Australian icons such as Sir Sidney Nolan. Cable Beach Club invites you to indulge in an exclusive romantic retreat or the ultimate family holiday. Couples will enjoy the adults only Ocean Pool, Chahoya Spa by LOccitane, poolside bar, or the culinary excellence of our four restaurants. While families will have hours of fun at the Family Pool, water playground, mini golf and tennis courts. Conferences, incentives, weddings and special events are guaranteed to wow the senses when delivered against the colours of the Kimberley and are celebrated in a range of locations throughout the Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Beach Club Resort And Spa
- Cable Beach Club Hotel Broome
- Cable Beach Hotel
- Cable Beach Broome