1,623 results
All reviewsfamily poolsunset barclub restaurantadult poolocean poolcable beach clubjapanese restauranttennis courtstour deskpearlers bungalowmini golfgarden view studiowater playgroundglass of champagnebuffet breakfastwatching the sunsetoverlooking the beach
Reviewed January 17, 2008

I could write an epic on how disappointed I was with my stay at the Cable Beach Club. Prior to arriving, I called the resort on 3 separate occasions to advise them I was travelling with my disabled mother. We were advised to stay in “Dragonflower” wing as it was located closely to the pool, café and beach. When we arrived I explained this to the gentleman checking us in and he flat out refused to give us a room there saying we were better off in another wing. His behaviour was inappropriate, challenging and downright rude. He placed us in a wing far from the amenities next to the children’s playground. In this sub-standard room the beds were uncomfortable, the hot water stopped working and I was trapped in the bathroom when the door jammed. After 3 days of these sorts of experiences I made an appointment with the manager who handled my complaint with grace and moved us to another room. This room was a lot better, but we still found a large shard of glass in the sink. At least the beds were more comfortable. So, 3 nights of a 7 day holiday were spent in uncomfortable beds. Uncomfortable and expensive beds at that. So, think long and hard before you book here as there are alternatives. A friend stayed at the Bali Hai and was very impressed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank HannahInMelbourne
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Cable beach resort is probably the most beautiful idylic fabulous place I have ever had the pleasure of seeing and staying at. The food was brilliant, the pool glorious, the accommodation faultless, the weather perfect, just total perfection all round. The location is fantastic, the sunsets glorious and the joy of watching wallabies in the grounds at sunset was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank travelexpress
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Cable beach resort is a nice property and is located in a great area. We generally had a good stay, but there were areas of the resort that needed improvement.

I read another review about the food and service being a let down. I would have to agree with that. If you are used to good food then the place would not live up to your expectations. I felt somewhat unconfident about the food. However there was a very expensive restaurant that I didnt end up going to which may have been better (but not practical).

There is a place called Carlottas a short cab drive away which had great food.

I would recommend this place, but i wonder whether you are paying a premium for quality or because the place is so remote? If you are paying for quality then you should be disappointed. if you are paying because its a remote area then I guess its adequate.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Sa5096b
Reviewed November 9, 2007

1) The place was operated by travelelres who were having a holiday and not by your standard hospitality staff. The staff were generally rude and fairly bothered at doing the most basic of tasks. This would be a five star resort if it werent for the staff (and food)

2) The food was poor to say the least. The breakfast buffet was low quality. You get those manufactured eggs sitting in a pool of fluid and the bread was still cool from being defrosted. I would get a room without a breakfast buffet included and eat at the cafe across the road. Lunch and dinner at the hotel are very average except for the upmarket restaurant which is very expensive (like $30 entree)

3) The resort itself is beatiful and has alot going for it. Would recommend it, if it werent for the above factors.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank gorgiMelbourme
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Our arrival was average, you hop off the transfer bus with 15 other people only to realise that with only two staff checking new arrivals in you are going to be waiting a while to get to your room.
A glass of champagne is offered while waiting. But when you get to the front of the cue, "..sorry check is at 3.00pm and your room is not ready yet" are not words you like hearing, even if accompanied with "..here's some complimentory drink vouchers and we'll call you on your mobile when your room is ready..."
Getting past all that, a lovely oversize golf buggy eventually whisked us off to our room. Upon entry into our pool terrace room, it was dark some of the walls are painted what looks like black (could be aubergine?). The bathroom is pokey with little cubicles for the shower and toilet. Our room terraced out to the 'adult pool'. I thought wow, this looks lovely. Looks can be deceiving there is no shade from trees or sail shades infact no shade at all while you're in the pool. (nb: the kids pool has shade if you want to hang out with kids).
Getting back to our room in particular the toilet. The toilet was running and refilling continually. When we alerted the duty manager to this problem, maintenance was sent around to repair it. We were informed that the plumber had gone for the day. We were left with a toilet with out a cistern lid and a valve inside the cistern you had to manually turn on and off in order to flush the toilet. (remember this is a 5 star resort!) On the next day another maintenance man came around, he just turned the toilet off and reassembled it, it did not flush at all! Then finally, we had had enough and decided to check out. I found the manager of the resort who informed me he had 'no idea of our problem' but would rectify it within an hour. Too little too late, half our holiday was gone we decided to check out and moved to the Bali Hai Resort just around the corner. One of the best decisions we made on our holiday in Broome.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple