TripAdvisor

from $187.68
from $1,182.62
from $554.68
More Info
All reviews tunnel creek bungle bungles lake argyle day tour windjana gorge cape leveque great cook el questro long days camping trip aboriginal culture karijini national park flora and fauna ningaloo reef driver guide camp fire permanent tents
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm just back from this 5 day trip, with guide/driver Andy. Group was larger than expected 19 of us) but a comfy enough bus accommodated us all.
Lots of driving - needed to cover 2,000km in 5 days.
Amazing scenery and truly awe inspiring sites. Echidna chasm and tunnel creek my personal favourites.
Camping out 2 nights in a swag was an experience! Lodges at purnululu park were perfect. Vast skies, moon & stars...
Andy was great, told us what needed to be done & how we could help out, which enabled us as a group to pull together to get 'chores' done. His insightful commentary and knowledge of the area really made the trip.
I'd say the experience really helped me get a small glimpse of an aspect of Australian life & culture (other than city or beach resort).
A great bunch of travel companions and great guide!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I would do this trip again in a heartbeat - particularly if Doc and Niki were the guides. They were brilliant working with our group: assessing our capabilities which informed their decisions re walks and a site it two. Nothing was too difficult for them serving us. Niki’s talent with, and love for, food meant we ate well. Meals were delicious and varied - there was food aplenty: and, for the addicts - filtered coffee at camps and accurate suggestions at certain stops. Sleeping in swags was better than sleeping in tents. Helping with cleaning up and packing bus was no chore. I was totally engaged in Doc’s story telling and the way he passed on information. There is dust - LOTS of red dust, and the temp is hot. BUT it is the Kimberley. All the dust and heat, along with the vast Kimberley, helped me regain perspective. Walks and rock scrambles resulted in cool freshwater pool swims. One early morning start was rewarded with a warm freshwater spring dip - pretty much to ourselves. Really enjoyed talks with Doc and Niki. Their sensitivity and knowledge of Indigenous culture was instructive. The whole trip was a welcome change to my “day-to-day” life. My soul has begun to refuel. I enthusiastically commend this trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have just got off this tour which was an amazing experience. What really made it was the efforts by the two guides Linsey and Jason who bent over backwards to make a special trip that extra bit special, accommodating special interests and needs along the way. The food far exceeded our expectations. Jason in particular was a very skilled and enthusiastic Outback cook producing some amazing meals from an open campfire. But Linsey's fruit crumble was a showstopper. She even produced and individual gluten-free topping for a traveller with special dietary needs. A truly amazing effort from both of them to make this the adventure of a lifetime for which we are very grateful.

1  Thank howardg669
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A great trip with a lot to see and explore! A must do if you want to see this part of the country with the Kimberley. Landscape is incredible and also the wildlife on this trip. I had the upgrade (Original) tour booked which means sleeping only for 6 nights in a tent that needs to be set up. But an awesome experience to sleep under the stars! Don’t miss it! And it’s definitely save (for those that have never done it).
Our guides Linsey and Jason were highly motivated people that made our trip a memorable one!!! They did so much for us and were very passionate and dedicated about their job, their country and the indigenous people. All the information provided was very interesting and helpful. Meals were excellent and very delicious. A healthy variety was provided. There is not a single negative point that I could say about the trip. I loved it and still glad that I have booked it! Thank you Linsey and Jason!

1  Thank AndreaGabriela
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The two exceptional guides made the trip even better than in the brochure.
We didnt expect such a variety of delicous food.
They went the extra mile for us.
Many thanks to Linsey and Jason.
Christian and Ruth