“Great time, Great Staff :)”

Ships of the Desert
Ranked #18 of 45 Outdoor Activities in Broome
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1981, Ships of the Desert is Broome’s original and best camel tour operator in Broome, Western Australia. Come and enjoy your choice of morning, afternoon or sunset tour on the captivating Cable Beach. Our point of difference is that we guarantee not just a camel ride, but an authentic camel experience. This is due to our carefully selected and professionally trained staff and camels!Listen to the stories and adventures of our camels and staff as they have trekked across Australian deserts, raced in different states and featured in television shows and movies such as the feature film, Australia!Australia’s friendliest camels await you- Book early for a good-looking one!
Perth, Australia
“Great time, Great Staff :)”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I only had one weekend in Broome and I had to pack as much as I could into my last day there. I really wanted to do the camel ride but I was worried I wouldn't be able to because I had an afternoon tour scheduled and my hotel was pretty far away from the beach meeting place. The people I spoke to at Ships of the Desert were really friendly and told me how I could make it in time. I actually got there pretty early so I didn't really have anything to worry about, but I was glad they were so helpful. I did the sunset ride and it was so beautiful out and so neat to see the camels up close and to be able to pet them! They also told us about our camel's history during the ride. Then when the ride was over I asked where I could get a taxi nearby and the lady who I believe said she was the co-owner and who took the photos at the beginning offered to drive me to my hotel herself! I thought that was pretty above and beyond, which is something I have definitely not seen in the customer service anywhere else since I've been in Australia!

Visited February 2013
Ships_Broome, Owner at Ships of the Desert, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi Olive,

Here at Ships of the Desert we pride ourselves on exceeding customer service expectations, and it is great to hear such lovely feedback.

We are thrilled you had such an enjoyable experience and hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

Jamie

“Best camel ride in broome!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a fantastic evening with ships of the desert, staff were friendly and helpful! The camels were well trained and a delight to be around! Really good value $50 for 45 minutes and we also got a printed photo of our ride! Would definitely recommend as best in broome :)

Thanks for your high recommendation, it is much appreciated and we are glad you enjoyed your evening with us.

We hope to see you agin.

Redland Bay, Queensland, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Awesome Client Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and myself took the sunset ride....so lovely! The outstanding thing for me was the care and attention paid by the staff. They went out of their way to please everyone at the ride as well as before and after (looked like it was going to rain). The camels are gorgeous and happy, the handlers are helpful and chatty. Just lovely!

Visited January 2013
Ships_Broome, Owner at Ships of the Desert, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hi Karen,

Great to hear what a fantastic experience you had with the Ships team! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family aboard the camels..

Many thank for taking the time to write us a review, it is very much appreciated.

Broome
“A Must do in Broome!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went through Ships because of there reputation as fun and very professional and they didnt disapoint. No better way to spend the afternoon on the Iconic Cable Beach than on these beautiful animals. The guides were informative and very friendly. The lead guide Jamie.. What a character..... My children loved every minute of it and we have a framed photo that takes pride of place on there wall. I would highly recommend Ships of the Desert.

Visited November 2012
Hi Knoxville Family,

It's great to hear that you and your children loved your Ships of the Desert camel experience! Here are Ships we aim to provide fun, informative and professional tours! Our professional photographer will be pleased to hear your framed photo takes pride of place in your home.

Many thanks and hopefully we can welcome you and your family aboard the Ships train again soon!
3 attraction reviews
“An amazing must do broome experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Camels are very well trained, impeccably clean and so friendly you tend to pat them and feel they're like a cute pet. Staff are very friendly and give an amazing commentary and interesting chatting all the way not to mention they will lean over backwards taking photos on their cameras and your camera and for as much as u will ask. Very very very good value for the money too.

Hi Amos,

Aren't the camels just beautiful! Such amazing creatures. We glad your enjoyed your experience with Ships of the Desert and will pass your comments on the staff. As well as offering a professional photographic service, we feel that the staff taking photo's on your camera for free is a great additional bonus.

Many thanks for writing us a review.