“Broome's best kept secret!”

Reflections Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 14 Broome B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Second time I have stayed here, this time with family.

My Mum had a long journey from the UK to Broome and Reflections was the ideal place to recharge before completing the journey.

Fantastic place to stay in Broome. As expected the food, cleanliness and standard of service is top drawer something you will ot find in most of the Hotels in Broome.

The pool is a great size and a welcome sight in the hot weather.

We stayed in the Bamboo Suite with the children, it was lovely. This would be a really pleasant plce for a couple to book for a treat with it's own kitchen and Indian Ocean views.

Room Tip: For a romantic getaway I would highly recommend the Bamboo Suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
BroomeReflections, Owner at Reflections Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review. I had responded earlier but I must not have submitted it.
The Bamboo Suite is special and we are glad that you enjoyed it. Our aim is to make our guests holiday special and we are glad we could do this for you.

There are newer reviews for Reflections Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A fantastic experience staying at Doug and Marg's place. A lovely family home set in the peaceful backwaters of Broome. A beautiful house turned into a wonderful B&B. I arrived early evening and was met by Marg who took me to my room, one of two on the ground floor. I was the only guest that evening so had free rein of the downstairs accommodation including a lovely sitting room with TV and DVD etc, verandah, kitchen and toilet/bathroom facilities. The bedroom (The Pearl Room) was excellent, the bed really soft and comfortable. All the facilities were top rate. The sounds of the water features was really soothing as fountains and waterfalls etc in the garden lulled me off to a peaceful deep sleep. Breakfast was great. A big choice, all freshly prepared by Marg. I opted for a light meal of toast and tea but the full cooked breakkie looked great. I really appreciated the curtesy trip back to the airport, saved all the rush and hassle of ordering taxis etc. A fantastic B&B, cuoldn;t be bettered in anyway. Would love to stay again, but next time for more than just one night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
BroomeReflections, Owner at Reflections Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am glad that the sound of the water feature was soothing. It was a pleasure to be able to take you to the airport. Taxi punctuality is not always good.
We would love to have you here again sometime.

Margaret

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The owners were incredibly helpful and knowledgable. As the owner was a member of an old pearling family he was a mine of information and took us round Broome for no extra charge. The breakfast was lovely and the facilities excellent. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth L
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you so much Liz for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you both and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Doug & Margaret

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Margaret and Doug were very hospitable and full of local information. My sister and I stayed a total of 7 nights and felt quite at home. A great experience that made the time spent in Broome and travelling around the Kimberley even more positive

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words Ros.
It was a pleasure having you both and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We wish you well with your B&B..The Anchorage.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Was recommended to Reflections by friends who had stayed. We had ten days in two stints separated by a 5 day Kimberly adventure. Leaving our vehicle with Doug and Margaret was no problem and our stay was brilliant. Margaret's breakfasts are as good as you could experience and included a birthday cake for my wife when they heard it was on that day. Dougs local knowledge is amazing and of great interest to we visitors. We had the Mandarin room which was superb, as was the pool and BBQ facilities. If we ever return to Broome we would want to stay at Reflections again. I thoroughly recommend and have no negatives to report.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John S

Thank you John for your wonderful review. I'm sorry that the response is so late but I obviously didn't follow the instructions properly when I tried to respond. Have the hang of it now, I hope!

It was a pleasure having you here and we are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast.
We enjoyed being able to share "the day" with your wife.

Maybe we will meet again.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying twice over recent months at Reflections B&B. We stayed in the upstairs Bamboo Suite for 5 nights which fully catered for all our needs, a home away from home. Both Doug & Margaret have captured the true essence of what hospitality is all about. They put up with our ever changing arrival plans and Doug was there to meet up smiling and welcoming even though we were very late on both occasions. We chose not to hire a car and made use of the frequent bus service and taxi's though again Doug was always willing to drop us in town - and even took us sightseeing.
Margaret easily adapted her breakfast menus to suite our vegetarian requirements.
A most enjoyable stay - look forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

I have just noticed that no response appears to your very generous review. I apologise as, although I respoded imediately, I obviously had not pressed "Submit".

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure getting to know you.
We wish you well and thank you for your lovely review.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed here for one night, I was travelling alone and as a regular visitor to Broome I couldn't face another night in a bland resort or hotel.

I booked reflections at very short notice and Margaret could not have been more helpful. The overall standard is excellent, very homely, spotless and good facilities.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable with good quality fixtures and fittings. The bed was very comfortable.

It's obvious speaking to Margaret that she has high standards and a real love of Broome, I didn't see so much of Doug but he did give me a lift to the airport which was really handy. He seemed a very pleasant bloke as well.

My flight out of Broome wasn't until the afternoon and I got a late check out no problem.

If you want somewhere a little different than the hotels this place is the way to go.

The breakfast, don't ask, absolutely top stuff. Sat on the front terrace with it's quality furniture and great view. Plenty of fresh fruit with yoghurt and honey, orange juice and toast. I am no lightweight and left the table full.

This place deserves to be higher up the list, I suspect it is only the number of reviews holding it back.

It's in a residential area, but probably the nicest in Broome so it's lovely.

It also has a lovely little pool at the front and Koi pond.

This would make a great place for 6-8 people to book out for themselves.

Hoping to be back in May!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Hi Redcan. I have just realised that some of my responses have not been recorded........maybe because I didn't press "submit"!!!!!!

We thank you for your awsome review and were glad to know that you felt comfortable and enjoyed the "breakfast with a view".

We do love Broome and enjoy highlighting it's attributes to visitors.

Happy travelling