The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy poolside dining at Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa (formally Pinctada Cable Beach). Our boutique resort and day spa reflects Broome's unique beauty, culture and climate. We invite you to experience contemporary Australian cuisine prepared by our award winning chef. Our menus showcase the finest quality produce available in the Kimberley. Spend the afternoon relaxing with a cocktail, enjoy a la carte lunch, or join us for dinner from 6.00pm (bookings recommended).
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

How does a place do everything right -- and then screw it like this?

The setting is great. The servers were friendly. The menu and wine list were appetizing

So what went wrong? The kitchen. The cooking was uniformly mediocre. The food wasn't particularly fresh, the preparation was at best indifferent.

They've got the right plan here, but the execution is wanting

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Alexander P,
Thank you for your recent feedback. I was disappointed to read that while you found the restaurant appealing you did not find the cuisine to your taste? I have passed on your feedback to our Chef in relation to presentation. Please be assured that all meals are prepared using fresh ingredients and utilising the best produce from Broome and Western Australia.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked as a group of 5 adults on a Monday night. The staff were very attentive, the food fabulous in quality and presentation. I would recommend with only one bit of advice. I would have preferred to sit inside as there were mosquitos and a few large flying insects trying to join us! The staff quickly supplied repellant. It also looked more upmarket in the furniture etc inside and brighter lighting.
Still really nice

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Jlo_joanne,
Belated happy birthday! Thank you for dining with us as part of your celebration. I was disappointed to read that some Kimberley guests attempted to join the party. I was however very pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience regardless of the intrusions. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back when you are next in Broome.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were not staying at Pincata resort, which is where Selene Brasserie is located. Even though we booked, because we wernt house guests, our table for two was in the corner facing the wall. Fung shui all wrong!
Our entrée was excellent, Lebanese Fatima's fingers with house made tahini. Best we have had.
Mains were very average, my paella was full of frozen seafood that dissolved when you chewed on it. Not appetizing at all. We ordered wine by the glass, and we tried a few varieties which were bland and tasted like they had been open for a few days and were almost at the end of their shelf life.
Dessert was superb, three varieties of chocolate brûlée. Delicious!
So in conclusion, depending on what you order, you may really enjoy it, to rate it averagelike me. It's a bit of pot luck really. Better to stick to The Club restaurant at Cable Beach Club, which far surpasses this experience for food, wine, ambience and service. It's a bit more expensive, but worth it!

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Porters051,
Thank you for your recent review of Selene’s. I was disappointed to read that while you did enjoy the food, something was amiss in the experience? I have discussed your concerns regarding the paella with our Chef. We use fresh Barramundi in this dish and as it is a light flesh it may explain why it crumbles during the preparation. I apologise that this was not to your liking but appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The menu is a mediterranean mix & offered a very interesting variety. The chorizo, baby octopus, shared platter (as entrees) were excellent. Mains included seafood fettuccine, paella as well as grilled fish & meats. We enjoyed our mains - all well prepared & decent portions. The seafood was succulent & fresh. Price wise - not cheap but overall good value for an upmarket dining venue in Broome. (Average cost approx $60/head with a drink).

The restaurant (located at the Pinctada Cable Beach resort) was well decorated & had a nice breezy feel with high ceilings, cool air flow from the ceiling fans & warm lighting. The service was top notch & recommendations from our waiter were spot on. Attentive & friendly - we were made to feel special & despite the restaurant being 3/4 full, everything was smooth from topping up our drinks & water to timing of when our dishes arrived & then cleared away.

Overall a most enjoyable meal & I would recommend this place for a nice evening out in Broome.

Dear scorpioshanghai,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent dining experience in Selene’s. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your meal and appreciate your recommendation on the cuisine. We hope that you have an opportunity to dine with us again when if you have an opportunity to return to Broome.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a beautiful, tasty meal here last night. Everything was perfect. If I was to criticise anything, the paella needed a touch more spices, but other than that it was faultless.

The price and the service where without fault. Broome is supposed to be a food mecca. Frankly I haven't seen it in the 3 months I have been here. However, last night was the exception.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Eirinoula,
Thank you for your kind comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the dining experience at Selene’s Brasserie and I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.