“Our best meal in Broome”

The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy poolside dining at Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa (formally Pinctada Cable Beach). Our boutique resort and day spa reflects Broome's unique beauty, culture and climate. We invite you to experience contemporary Australian cuisine prepared by our award winning chef. Our menus showcase the finest quality produce available in the Kimberley. Spend the afternoon relaxing with a cocktail, enjoy a la carte lunch, or join us for dinner from 6.00pm (bookings recommended).
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The menu is a mediterranean mix & offered a very interesting variety. The chorizo, baby octopus, shared platter (as entrees) were excellent. Mains included seafood fettuccine, paella as well as grilled fish & meats. We enjoyed our mains - all well prepared & decent portions. The seafood was succulent & fresh. Price wise - not cheap but overall good value for an upmarket dining venue in Broome. (Average cost approx $60/head with a drink).

The restaurant (located at the Pinctada Cable Beach resort) was well decorated & had a nice breezy feel with high ceilings, cool air flow from the ceiling fans & warm lighting. The service was top notch & recommendations from our waiter were spot on. Attentive & friendly - we were made to feel special & despite the restaurant being 3/4 full, everything was smooth from topping up our drinks & water to timing of when our dishes arrived & then cleared away.

Overall a most enjoyable meal & I would recommend this place for a nice evening out in Broome.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear scorpioshanghai,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent dining experience in Selene’s. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your meal and appreciate your recommendation on the cuisine. We hope that you have an opportunity to dine with us again when if you have an opportunity to return to Broome.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a beautiful, tasty meal here last night. Everything was perfect. If I was to criticise anything, the paella needed a touch more spices, but other than that it was faultless.

The price and the service where without fault. Broome is supposed to be a food mecca. Frankly I haven't seen it in the 3 months I have been here. However, last night was the exception.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Eirinoula,
Thank you for your kind comments. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the dining experience at Selene’s Brasserie and I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ate here 3 times during our week's stay in Broome, mostly because it was next door to the Bali Hai Resort were we were staying and was therefore the closest restaurant, and partly because of the paella - which was excellent.

The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating areas that are equally appealing. Whilst we tried a couple of different entrees I stayed with the paella as a main on each occasion. My wife chose a different main, pork, on one evening and although this was OK, was disappointed that it was not as good as the paella. Reasonable wine list.

Staff very friendly, regularly asking if everything was OK which made us even more surprised when our mains were brought to the table one evening absent the entrees beforehand that we had ordered. Waiter initially accused the kitchen of having stuffed it up but quickly came back to apologise that the error had been his. Restaurant was far from being full so not sure how this happened. Offer to bring the entrees after the mains was declined by us.

Luckily the paella was so good otherwise we would not have come back.

1  Thank westy54

Dear westy54,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent visits to Selene’s Brasserie. I am glad to read that that there were sufficient choices on the menu and that the Paella excelled. I appreciate the comments regarding the service on one of the evenings and I apologise that there was an issue in meal delivery. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Selene’s and possibly Pinctada Cable Beach on your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Joined 3 friends for dinner and what a wonderful night! The food was superb with every person loving their meal. Desserts did not let us down either....yum!!!! Service impeccable and such a beautiful relaxing atmosphere.......will definitely be returning of my next trip!

Dear Vicki2756,
Thank you for your recent post. I am very pleased that we were able to provide a wonderful evening four yourself and your friends. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next return to Broome.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After reading the reviews it appeared food was good in most people's opinion but service was not great. I have to agree. The staff were friendly but lacked on timing. Waited a while on drinks and continually called for a waiter or waitress to come over for service. Food was delicious. It is expensive not somewhere I could afford to eat at all the time but great for a nice treat

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear laurenM,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent dinner in Selene’s. I appreciate your comments regarding service and we will use this feedback to improve. I look forward to being able to welcome you back when you next feel like a treat in Broome.