“Spice Journey”

The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy poolside dining at Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa (formally Pinctada Cable Beach). Our boutique resort and day spa reflects Broome's unique beauty, culture and climate. We invite you to experience contemporary Australian cuisine prepared by our award winning chef. Our menus showcase the finest quality produce available in the Kimberley. Spend the afternoon relaxing with a cocktail, enjoy a la carte lunch, or join us for dinner from 6.00pm (bookings recommended).
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed the 7-course Spice Journey very much. It was delicious and nicely presented. $85pp including a glass of wine is very good value for money especially for Broome. The only thing that I found a bit odd was the serve of 3 pieces of stuffed calamari to share between two!? Surely one more piece wouldn't make any difference to the chef nor the price but 4 pieces to share between two would just make more sense. The restaurant setting is nice and staff very friendly and attentive. The trio of white, milk and dark chocolate Crème brûlée was a wonderful finish.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Perthette,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent Spice Journey. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed one of our Signature dining experiences. I will discuss with Chef your feedback regarding portion size and I look forward to being able to welcome you back for another experience soon.

Matthew

There are newer reviews for The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Yummy mezze plate and poached chicken salad. Sit on the balcony in the candle light if you want something romantic.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear chookalook,
Thank you for posting feedback of your recent night out. I look forward to being able to welcome you back for another evening on the balcony before you leave Broome.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Loved the meal and the service. If there are two of you go for the fixed menu at the fixed price of $110 per couple. For that you get 3 courses with a choice each of main.

1  Thank tranzactnow
Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear tranzactnow,
I was delighted to read your feedback on your dinner at Selene’s, in particular that you enjoyed the set menu. I hope we can welcome you back for another great dining experience soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Restaurant in Pinctada Resort. A dash pricey, but well worth it. Middle Eastern cuisine. I had Dukkah crusted lamb, hubby rose & honey pork. Yummm! Compliments to the chef. Very attentive staff, fine dining... leave room for the 3-ways Chocolate Brulee (definitely to share, and probably to die for!!). Lovely romantic evening (outside dining area).

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear LazyDays4Us,
Thank you, I was very pleased to read your feedback on your recent dining experience at Selene’s. I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back for another beautiful; romantic or casual dinner when you are next in Broome.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed actually there and had a dinner my food was o.k. The steak solidly overcooked, can happen, my wife's dish was some how not eatable. So try it but be aware can be an expensive test. Main issue no outside seating which is strange in this city.

Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear broetz,
Thank you for the feedback on your recent dining experience. I was disappointed to read that there some issues on your most recent stay. I look forward to being able to discuss them further on your next visit to Broome.