“Great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant

The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 71 Restaurants in Broome
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy poolside dining at Kimberley Sands Resort and Spa (formally Pinctada Cable Beach). Our boutique resort and day spa reflects Broome's unique beauty, culture and climate. We invite you to experience contemporary Australian cuisine prepared by our award winning chef. Our menus showcase the finest quality produce available in the Kimberley. Spend the afternoon relaxing with a cocktail, enjoy a la carte lunch, or join us for dinner from 6.00pm (bookings recommended).
Broome, Australia
“Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with a group of friends and were impressed with the quality of service provided sometimes lacking in Broome at this time of the year ' I had the thread fin salmon , best in Broome ! Well done

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alan C
Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Alan C,
Thank you for your recent feedback and I am very pleased to read that we have been able to make such a positive impression on you with both the cuisine and the service. I look forward to being able to welcome you and your friends back soon.

Perth, Australia
“Just go here - the food is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The price is worth every yummy mouthful. The service is fine dinning, every course amazing.
I had tiger prawns, Barra, the pasta and the 3 amazing white, milk and dark chocolate shots of brulee while I was there and homus tasting plate by the pool - all amazing at Pinctada.

1 Thank CherelleAdam
Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear ChantelleAdam,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments of both your recent stay at Pinctada Cable Beach but also your dining experience at Selene’s. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed many of our dishes during your stay from our light mezze to signature mains and decadent deserts. I look forward to being able to welcome you back in July for more culinary treats.

Sydney
“Best Waiter in a long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate here on the 15th Jan 2013. Our waiter was amazing. The food was great however when you get exceptional service it makes your experience all the more enjoyable. Even when leaving he told us there was a peak season deal that just went online - Pinctada you need to give this man a payrise. I feel bad that I do not know his name.

2 Thank Travel A
Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Travel A,
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent dining experience and to especially read your feedback on our staff. We pride ourselves on the friendly attentive service that our staffs provides and I am delighted to read that they are advising not just of special offers in Selene’s but also Pinctada Cable Beach. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to both the Resort and Restaurant in the not too distant future. I will pass on your thanks to the entire shift from that evening.

Perth, Australia
“Ho hum, very disappointing food, service ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We visited with friends, 6*Broome locals. The food left a lot to be desired.

The trawlers tagliatelle was a small portion of overcooked pasta with 2 very small pieces of white fish (warm/almost cold) and 3 prawns.

The Moroccan chicken was bland and not at all appetising to look at, my husband who will normally eat any of my left overs had one forkful and refused to have any more.

One of the steaks for the table was ordered medium and came out rare (fortunately we weren't charged for it).

The $12 pavlova looked as though they were bought meringue shells (small) topped with cream and what I thought look like tinned fruit - please if I am paying that much for dessert I want it to be the real thing soft and gooey on the inside.

For a supposed 5 star dining experience this rated at well below par for the quality of the food - and when the waitress asked if I enjoyed my meal I had to say that honestly I didn't.

Maybe this was just a bad night. It was fairly busy and it appeared there were only 2 waitstaff, who did try their best, although neither had a chance to come and ask if we were enjoying our meal whilst we were actually eating it rather than at the end when we had finished. It took around 45 minutes from the time of ordering our meal to receiving it.

I just read through previous comments from hotel management about the reasonable price of the food and too be honest if the food had been good that might be the truth, mind you the side dishes, salad, potato etc are an additional $9.00 apiece. Having eaten at another 5 star resort and paid a similar price for a meal that was significantly tastier I will not be eating at the Selene again and nor will the locals I went with. Oh and maybe if you inform customers that there is a discount for locals they might know to ask for it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear MnMPerth,
Thank you for passing on feedback of your recent dinner in Selene’s. It is certainly disappointing to read that you did not enjoy the cuisine on the evening given that we have recently received so much favourable feedbacks from other reviews. The issue you have raised regarding the steak was logged in our shift diary but I am surprised that there were additional concerns that were not relayed to our restaurant manager on the evening, given he settled your account and your table left a generous tip.

We have passed on your comments to our Kitchen team and taken in the spirit of feedback we will use it to improve our cuisine.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had dinner at Selene's with our 3 children. It was a lovely evening, with great friendly service and beautiful food. It wasn't cheap but for a special occasion definitely worth it - it was well priced compared to other restaurants in Broome, considering the standard and presentation of the restaurant, staff and food.

2 Thank Lynne R
Matthew C, General Manager at The Deck Poolside Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear LynneR,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent dining experience at Selene’s. I am glad that you and your family have enjoyed the cuisine and the service and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Broome.