“went to see the wildlife but found the wharf restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 58 things to do in Broome
Sydney
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“went to see the wildlife but found the wharf restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Previous reviewer mentioned turtles and seasnakes so I wnet off to see if I coudl find them too. First trip - low tide, saw nothing much except the mud flats are excellent for watching waders (i'd already been out with a local ornithologist to see birds twice there). Butt we saw the wharf restaurant. We wound up going back to the jetty at high tide, this time we saw turtles and three sea snakes and a shark, plus people were catching lovely big fish. Finished off with a drink and chips at the wharf. We went back again to the wharf for half priced oysters and anothher sea snake viewing. A nice place to visit.

Visited November 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sea turtles and snakes to see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We loved this short walk out over the beautiful ocean colours. While we were walking we saw several sea turtles frolicking just nearby and one swam under us. we also saw 3 sea snakes. Cheap entertainment for my boys!

1 Thank Tuddles75
Perth, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Its a big Wharf & Jetty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I drove out to have a look, and my partner took the long walk while my Parents and I sat at the Wharf Restaurant, we where going to have a couple of coffees and maybe lunch but found they didn't do coffee. And most of the drinks were cans or water, unless you wanted a bottle of wine.

As the staff at the Wharf restaurant didn't seem interested or helpful, so we just waited till my Partner came back and jumped in the car and headed for the town for a lovely Lunch.

My view on the wharf - As my Parents wouldn't have been able to walk out such a distance, and its a shame there isn't a little tram-ride / coach you cant jump on that could drive out onto it to the wharf to get the full aspect of the size of it.

So to me it was just a wharf and i wasn't that excited by it.
My Partners view - excellent spot for fishing if you have good reels and rods, but also check the tides as they can make the whole difference of fishing here.
But make sure you bring your own bait, as my Partner found out, the restaurant staff may or may not have bait depending on who you are!

Visited September 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The walk along the jetty was a nice end to the day, and obviously the place to be if you like fishing as we saw many people of all ages there fishing, it was amazing to see how much the tide had gone out in the time it took us to walk along to the end and back

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Lovely spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Worth a drive out for lunch. Weather was beautiful and we sat out under shady trees overlooking the bay. Food delicious and good variety of wines

Visited September 2012