“Modern Oasis”
Review of Oaks Broome

Oaks Broome
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Oaks in Broome is modern, clean, spacious with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room has a kitchenette, comfortable bed, spa and big TV. The food in the restaurant was good. I have stayed here on holiday and enjoyed the service and amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with our service and found you accommodation clean spacious and comfortable.

It’s great to read that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and your feedback shall be passed on to our restaurant staff.

We do hope that you will choose to stay at Oaks Broome on your next visit to Broome.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently stayed here at the Oaks Broome in one of their one bedroom apartments. Checked in on Friday the 8/11 for my belated birthday weekend. We were only going to be staying 3 nights but because my friends and i loved it so much we extended our stay. So 3 nights turned into 11. Had the most amazingest time as i always do when i stay here. Would love to thank all the reception staff for their awesome customer service whilst i stayed. These guys are awesome. If i had the chance to move into one of these apartments permanently i would in a heart beat. Our room was very clean and tidy on arrival. Also had dinner in the restraunt a couple of times whilst staying and the food was amazing. Keep up the awesome work guys. Will be back to stay again very soon.

• Stayed: November 2013
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I’m delighted to see that you enjoyed such a fantastic time celebrating your birthday here with your friends. You certainly know how to celebrate when you extend your stay for 11 nights!

It’s great to see our regular guests returning; it brightens our day to see familiar faces and we always look forward to your return.

Your kind comments shall be passed on to our Front Office, Housekeeping and Restaurant Staff.

If an opportunity ever arises for you to move in full time I will be sure to let you know!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the oaks for two nights. Two couples in the two bedroom apartment. This is actually 1 bedroom apartment with a studio attached. The rooms are clean. The only issue was the air con was rather noisy. We went to breakfast each morning and the food was great. The dinner was delicious as well. Overall we found the service we received and the quality of the rooms we will be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zobey88
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

It’s great to see that you were happy with the rooms and service and that you received while you were here. I will be sure to pass your comments regarding your delicious food onto our Executive Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Broome.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Oaks several times both for work and pleasure, rooms are very good each room I have stayed in has had a spa.
Balcony on all rooms very well located 15 min walk to china town 10 minute walk to town beach. Staff very friendly.strongly recommend and will stay here in the future

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cahal O
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I’m delighted to read that you are a regular corporate guest at our property and that you have also stayed with us for leisure.

I’m pleased to see that you would recommend us to others and that you will stay with us again in the future. I’m happy you found us well located with very friendly staff and that you highly rate the One Bedroom Apartments with spa bath you stayed in during your visits.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Broome.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had the pleasure to stay at the Oaks Broome 13-20 Oct, we found the apartment clean and spacious , the spa was wonderful, the staff were very friendly and helpful, would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Broome, good location and a great place to stay, Thankyou

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I’m delighted to read that you and your partner enjoyed a great stay with us.

I’m pleased to see that you found the apartment clean and spacious and that you enjoyed a wonderful spa bath during your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff, I shall be sure to pass this on to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you both back on your next trip to Broome.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed 10-14 Oct 2013, great pools, clean tidy rooms, friendly staff, great location. Our first night in the hotel, we had a meal, I found a 2.5cm live millipede in my $28 chicken salad, wriggling around. I was shocked when I showed waitress & she said "oh you found an insect in your food". She was not surprised, did not apologise, no replacement offered (I was at the end of my meal) just took the plate away, I wish I had taken a picture with my mobile. I put this on my review of the hotel and gave it to reception, the lady said oh, a review, we have fun with these. I have not had any response by management, so it looks like the hotel review was a waste of time.
I would recommend that you stay at Oaks Broome and may return in the future, check your food well if you decide to eat there. You will see why I rated 4 out of 5 when you read on.
We decided to eat & drink all meals away from the hotel after her reaction, which made me think this was a common occurrence (I was literally speechless but as the lady was not rude, voted with my feet and decided not to eat there again).
On a positive note, the Town Beach Café was closed on Mon 14th so we had breakfast at the Oaks, this was a buffet, very friendly staff, great selection of quality food - 10/10 for $24.
Outside of hotel, 5 mins walk to right is Town Beach Café (not open Mon & Tues), good breakfast & lunch selections, really friendly staff, and right on the beach. There is an outdoor, free water park to the left of the café.
Just across the road from the Oaks is an IGA, Liquor store, Gift Shop, restaurant (shared food only, went in twice, from what we saw staff stressed & unorganised).
The Saturday market at the Courthouse was good, a short bus ride or 15-20mins walk from Oaks.
If you walk 15 min left it takes you to Matso's, great food, really friendly, helpful staff, unusual flavoured beer testing. The curry nights are brilliant value and tasting $30 and very good portion, I think these were Fri-Tues (well worth it).
Willie Creek Pearl Farm & Discover Broome Tours where well worth it, very information and great photo opportunity, the guides are very knowledgeable and helpful.
A bus stop is just outside the Oaks to the right, for $10 you get a day ticket, get on and off as many times as you like, and there are discount vouchers on the back of the ticket (Matso's beer sampler valued at approx. $12).
Broome is unspoilt, a very pretty place that everyone should visit some time in there life, we loved it.

Room Tip: We was on first floor, facing front of hotel in 1212A, quiet, tv, shower went hot and warm (not cold...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaz0098
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am pleased to see you found the location, hotel and pools great, the rooms tidy and the staff friendly.

I am however very concerned to read of your experience in the restaurant during your 1st night with us. Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the millipede you found in your salad. I am so sorry for the distress this caused. Whilst this is unexpected and not what you would anticipate with you meal. I can clarify that our salad is very fresh and thoroughly washed prior to use and I’m very surprised to learn that this happened. I am however, personally appalled at the service and lack of apology you received when you showed this to the waitress. This is completely unacceptable and I cannot apologise enough for the lack of sympathy and empathy shown.

Please be assured that this has been escalated to both our Executive Head Chef and our Executive Food and Beverage Manager for further investigation.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to hand your review into reception, although I am less than impressed with the response you receive at the time. I am unsure why this was said as we regard all our feedback highly. It is a valuable source of information and which we act upon to further improve our products and facilities.

I can confirm that Management are still investigating this and have attempted (unsuccessfully) to contact you using the landline you provided on your feedback form, so that we could inform you that we have received your feedback and are looking into it. I offer my most sincere apologies for not having successfully made contact with you thus far. Please be assured that one of our Management team will be in contact with you to discuss this further.

On your positive note; I am happy to see that you and your partner enjoyed a buffet breakfast in our restaurant before you departed and that you found the staff very friendly and a great selection of quality food on offer. This is what all our customers should experience and I am truly sorry that your 1st night with us was not reflective of this.

We look forward to talking to you soon and welcoming you back when you next visit Broome.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We initially booked 4 nights at the Oaks in April as a 'pre-baby holiday'. Unfortunately the baby came early so we were unable to go at the time booked. The rate we booked was non-refundable. We cancelled our booking and I sent the Oaks an email telling them the reason asking if it was possible to get a credit. They obliged to this and gave us a credit until the end of June. We werent able to visit as that time due to having a young baby. We left it alone, and just considered it to be unfortunate. Out of the blue, the Oaks rang us asking if we would like to use our credit before it expired, i explained we werent able to, and we are only able to travel in the school holidays as my husband is a school teacher. They offered to extend our credit to October :) So we were able to take this trip as a family and enjoyed a lovely holiday at the Oaks. After some emails to Stacey, our room was upgraded to a pool view, and we were given an apartment close to the main carpark and lifts, as they knew we had a baby and a pram. We were very grateful for their hospitality, and will definitely stay again if we are ever in Broome.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HMBroome, Front Office Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.

I am really pleased to see that you and your family finally got to enjoy your long awaited stay with us after your bundle of joy came by so early!

It’s great to see that our front office team handled your reservation effectively and went the extra mile to amend your non refundable booking! I am delighted to see that you were able not only stay with us but also get to enjoy an upgraded pool view apartment which was conveniently located near the lifts and car park.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next holiday to Broome.