Ramada Eco Beach Resort
$173
Oaks Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
$180
  • Pool
Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$270
$219
Moonlight Bay Suites(Broome)(Great Value!)
$203
$172
Agoda.com
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$164
$145
Orbitz.com
$365
$275
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Blue Seas Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$182
$177
Travelocity
Broome Time Accommodation(Broome)(Great Value!)
$113
$108
Mangrove Hotel(Broome)(Great Value!)
$224
$176
Travelocity
$261
  • Pool
All reviewsjacks creekocean frontocean view tentjacks barbush walkinfinity poolbeachfront villawedding guestssolar powerget away from it allgreat fishinglow tideremote locationsand dunesamazing locationdirt roadself cater
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I've just come back from a week at Eco Beach Wilderness Retreat south of Broome and it was a stunning experience. My accommodation (villa) was spacious, comfortable and the ability to open everything up to let the outdoors in really added to my experience. I could be as lazy or as adventurous as I wanted to be - Eco Beach provided a great choice of activities. The meals were fantastic (and I'm a very big eater!!) and the staff were amongst the friendliest and most down to earth I've come accross in a long time.
However my 2 biggest highlights would have to be the truly blissful massage I experienced and the beach. Long stretches of white sand in one direction and stuning red cliffs, reefs & caves in the other ... and no-one else around for miles.

Considering Eco Beach has only been re-opened for a few weeks, they have done remarkably well. On chatting with the staff, there's still a lot of "tweaking" to be done. I definitely plan to go back and look forward to see how they evolve over time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Stayed two nights at Eco Beach in a villa, and just had a great couple of days.
Bits I loved: view from the villa, and generally lying about enjoying the amazing setting.
Bush tucker tour with local indigenous guide Iesha who was a delight.
Walking on the beach with no-one else in sight, as an enormous cloud burst overhead.
Food - yummy, healthy, good range in buffet - coconut and lime soup was to die for.
Yoga to start the day overlooking Roebuck Bay
Bits to watch out for: My friend stayed in a tent - make sure you ask for an extra blanket.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My partner and i recently returned from a 2 night stay at Eco Beach. The location is breathtaking with miles of deserted beaches and coves to explore. Our accommodation was an ocean view tent which had a huge bed and an ensuite shower and toilet. The bed was very comfortable but we did need extra blankets as the nights were cold!

Breakfast lunch and dinner were all served buffet style which i felt limited your options, especially for the price. But upon speaking with staff, a manager informed me they would shortly be introducing a la carte menus for lunch and dinner

Options aside, the quality of the buffet food was excellent. During our stay we ate freshly caught threadfin salmon and lamb cutlets - Just delicious! During the evenings the staff would light a fire on the lawn and we really enjoyed catching up with other guests over a wine or two round the fire.

There seemed to be plenty of daytime activities on offer from Fishing and kayaking to massage and general relaxing. The pool area was beautiful if a little smaller than i'd imagined but it didn't seem to matter with all that beautiful beach to explore. We did a great bush walk with an indigenous guide who showed us all sorts of fascinating - and quite tasty - bush tucker. The walk took us to the top of these huge cliffs with views across the beaches and bush. We also did a mud crabbing tour which was great fun, but be prepared to get muddy! We were allowed to bring a crab back to the resort which the chef beautifully prepared for our lunch.

Overall we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. On check-out there were a few errors in our bill but these were resolved quickly and with minimal fuss

We loved our brief stay at Eco Beach and will definately return though next time for longer. This really is one of those places where it seems the longer you stay the more you'll get out of it.

In terms of improvements i would say provide more meal options with cheaper alternatives (which they say they are doing) and include extra blankets as standard when the nights are cold.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My mum and dad (retired) and my family of 4 (kids 9 and 6) spent 5 nights here in July 2009. The location is beautiful right on Cape Villaret with only a 50m stroll to the beach. My family had an ocean view tent and my 6 year old swagged it. My parents had a garden view(a few shrubs!)tent .We expected the tents to be more spaced out then they were no different to a caravan site really.We had a lovely view from the tent but it was very noisy as it was so close to the restaurant. There is not a lot of peace as the staff get by on quad bikes but that was probably our position in the complex.There was a huge beautiful, comfortable bed but not enough blankets. The ensuite was nice and the showers hot (once we had worked out where hot was)but we were not sure how to work the electricity and there were no instructions at first so we used a torch. We were told to close the tents at 4pm to keep the heat in which worked well. Unfortunately, our main problem with Eco Beach was it had an unfriendly atmosphere. No one appeared to be enjoying themselves and the management was positively unfriendly. We got the feeling that unless you were spending big or in a villa you were not welcome. We felt the kids were put up with rather than embraced.
I also expected the pool to be larger as it looks much bigger on the internet site!
Prices changed whoever served you. I had a lime and soda twice a day and it varied between 25c and $3.80 whoever served you. We had kids ice creams on Tuesday at $3 which were $5 on Thursday. I queried it and was told sorry that's what the management wants to charge you!
My husband went on a $300 game fishing tour which was well run by an external operator.He is a very keen fisherman and was looking forward to trying his catch that night. The skipper told us it would be ready at 7.30pm that evening so we waited, and waited. I saw management at 8pm and queried it and was told he'd sort it and so we kept waiting and waiting! By that time we had to put my son to bed and we never saw him again that night or the next day-nothing. My husband was fuming at this point and it spoilt his trip. He saw the management who reappeared that evening to be told it was my husband's fault as he hadn't picked it up at 7.30pm! We were never told it was there .We saw fish being delivered to others and assumed ours would be soon. The management's attitude was it was our fault with no apology!
The breakfast although a bit pricey was beautifully done but the dinner was repetative and a bit pricey. It was nice food just we had banana cake 2 nights, braised steak 2 out of 4 nights etc. running and as there was only 1 desert and we'd paid $45 we expected a bit more. I know it was remote but we've been to more remote places and had no problems. The kids meals were great value and the kids loved them.
We were told our room would be serviced but it we were asked the evening before we left which didn't seem worth it half way during the stay would have been better.
The general staff were friendly and the bar lady Josie(I think) was lovely just the overall feeling above that was we want your money! As I said the location was great and the fishing off the beach was excellent too-the saving grace for my husband!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Elaine E
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We spent 2 nights in one of the ocean view tents. Thoroughly enjoyable experience. Days spent relaxing on several of the nearby beaches and evenings were dinner on the deck finishing with drinks by the fire under the stars.

Food options are restricted by the isolation so you are obliged to eat at the restaurant which is a bit pricey, but the dinner buffet was fantastic.

Obviously the tent facilities are basic, but very well finished. Staff were very friendly.

We could easily have stayed another couple days.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple