“Amazing natural wilderness with style.”

Ramada Eco Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Broome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We took my parents who were up from Melbourne to experience this unique place. Usually I would stay in a safari tent but with four we decided to stay in a two bedroom cabin. Should have read small print as not actually two bedroom. The second bed was in the living and kitchen area. I was shocked with the design and the fact you had to use the other bedroom to get to the bathroom or walk outside was also a weird different and awkward. The decking was beautiful and decor was attractive, just did not get why it was designed in such a manor and with so much space to play with. In saying that the meals were beautiful, dinner just a sheer delight. The walks especially wonderful and the whale watch tour one of the best I have ever been on.

Room Tip: If sharing with couple in two bedroom apartment be aware the second bed is actually in living and ki...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaParris69

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked a tent, then found out my husbands CPAP wouldn't be suitable to the power-supply. We upgraded to a Villa and did a supermarket shop in Broome prior to check-in. Our Villa was divine and we had easy access to a BBQ, so self catering wasn't a problem. We had 5 days and enjoyed the restaurant on the last evening. We are well familiar with xxy prices in Melb for food and small serves, so whilst it was lovely, it was a treat and that's all. Self catering is the way to go. Our villa had a garden view and our neighbours were quiet. We had a divine view of the Kimberley sunset every night and as the resort was quiet (only 40 other guests) we usually had the infinity pool to ourselves and managed to secure hammocks on the beach every day. This place is a touch of heaven and the staff were chatty and friendly. The only downfall for us..the AC is programmed by Big Brother so you can't adjust the temp. The ceiling fan in our room didn't work, which they knew at check-in and neglected to tell us..super hot with the arvo sun and my husbands CPAP meant no AC overnight..small things really, but they do count..All in all a great place.

Room Tip: Book a villa and ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louise M
Reviewed September 8, 2013

You wouldn't want to stay here for longer than a few days, we stayed for 3 days & was just perfect !! Great resort & the staff were fantastic !! No stress & we found there was enough to do in 3 days to keep yourself busy but also relax, etc. Highly recommended if you want to get away from the city but also still have mobile coverage....

We stayed in a safari tent & a villa & we actually preferred the safari tent, it feels just as luxurious but the experience of hearing the ocean & feeling like you are amongst nature was fantastic ! The bathroom in the safari tent is private but it is a canvas flap .....
Just make sure you bring some staples with you by shopping at Broome grocery store first cause there is no chance of getting a jar of vegemite at the resort .....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LizaHogan
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 5 day stay in a 'Villa' as a family with 2 teenagers. This is the perfect place to relax and get away from it all. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the beach is Devine !
My only negative comment is that the restaurant is 'pricey' (mains at $30 +) the menu is limited and sophisticated which whilst lovely something a little more simple as an option would be nice ! a fresh salad and a steak for example! there is no alternative as there are no cooking facilities in the villas , just a fridge and microwave. There are 2 bbq's located on site , but not conveniently located. We did shop in Broome and do our own breakfast and lunches .. We did use the BBQ a couple of times for dinner but the BBQ was not conveniently located and the burner control did not work !

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nbjules
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great spot to get away from it all. Plenty time to finish your book around the pool or in your hammock on the beach. Recommend the Whale Watching Boat Trip if you decide to be here around August/September time. The Safari Tent is comfy enough but can get bit chilly at night....good time to cuddle up!
I think 3- rather than the 4 nights minimum stay would probably enough for a lot of people, but it's not difficult to 'waste' an extra 24 hours out here.
Couple of minor suggestions: Keep the families with babies away from the other guests when staying in the Safari Tents as these babies do seem to wake up 3-4 times at night and so are your other guests within the near vicinity. The food is in general good, but when you stay 4 nights and are bound to use the restaurant every night (BBQ Facility Only available for use if you brought in our own foods, as no BBQ Packs are made available), then I suggest you offer a couple of additional 'Specials' to the dinner menu. Also, the Continental Breakfast 'Buffet' can be improved on with some cold meats/cheeses etc...Charge more if you have too. Maybe an offering of some Fruit Toast & Preserves only for those that aren't big breakfast consumers. The Hot Items on the Brekky menu are excellent and so is the luncheon menu...well done!
The staff are great and trying their very best to please and I'm looking forward to coming back one day

Room Tip: If you stay in a Safari Tent, I suggest you ask for a tent with Ocean View.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yahava
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and without a doubt I felt as though I'd been away for weeks. My tent, the views, walks, yoga, massage, pristine gorgeous turquoise ocean and the fabulous weather were all sensational. At times I felt as if I was the only person swimming as the beautiful beach was never crowded. I loved the way my days started with a Carla Ann yoga session at 7am. These yoga sessions are free and are unbelievably great. Carla Ann is a beautiful caring and dynamic teacher who inspired us and who set us off on our days adventures with positive, peaceful loving thoughts and intentions. Our group of ladies became very friendly and we all felt so grateful to be doing yoga with Carla Ann and in a room with the best ocean views in the world! When I reflect on Eco beach my yoga sessions are the most memorable part of my stay.
The staff are so friendly and helpful. The 5 .30 drinks and free canapés was a special time to chat with other guests as we watched the beautiful sunset and I met so many interesting and friendly people. Although I brought some food with me from Broome and kept it in the small esky provided, I did enjoy eating at the restaurant on the last two days. Excellent food! The free tea and coffee facilities and free drinking water was a fabulous service as well and made up for not having a kettle in my tent. I recommend having a massage with Carla Ann ....so relaxing and wonderful. I also recommend doing the whale watching trips. I was here during the first week of August and the humpback whales were everywhere! I was amazed at how many we saw and at how close we were to these majestic creatures. The resort is sensitively nestled into the sand dunes and bush and is a Kimberley 'paradise'. I can't wait to return for a longer holiday.

Room Tip: I loved my number 57 tent as it was on the high side close to the restaurant and pool. The boardwalk...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Janine H
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautiful part of Australia - loved soaking up the sun in isolated special location. Apart from our comfortable ocean view "tent" being on road through the resort, enjoyed peaceful reflective walks through bush (especially with our informative Aboriginal guide) and along several kms of pristine blue water beaches, surrounded by brilliant red dirt cliffs. Bird life abundant, whales from boat prolific and awesome, food beautiful, staff mostly attentive, Carly Ann's morning yoga lovely start to the day. Next time would stay oceanfront villa, pretty special!

• Stayed: July 2013